A personal message to all whom I've played on OCTGN

I hesitated to post, because I dislike pleas for attention, to garner congratulations or sympathy.

I want to let OCTGN players know, Thank you. Thank you Db0 for your work, I appreciate it every time I log on. Thank you Swider, and Mplain for being so active, helpful, and challenging. You’ve done so much for the community. Thank You Mystickpickle, man, I wish I could meet you in real life, you are such a blast. Thank you to all the others I see regularly and have had a chance to play. I’ve learned a lot, and have enjoyed playing all the decks you guys come up with, on all levels of skill and deck strength.

I realized today, I haven’t actually played more than a few people in real life, local community is light and irregular, so most of my joy of Doomtown:Reloaded has been on OCTGN community.

I have always wanted to say that. But now to confess why I had to get that out. Very soon my personal free time will take a nosedive. My wife is pregnant with twins, almost 8 months in, to make us first time parents. I might spectate a bit, or post on the Gazette, but I doubt very much I will have time for many matches.

As far as the currently playing league. If I’m still in the top 4 ranking, I might have to back out of the finals. I’ll have to make that decision here soon. I apologize if I couldn’t play some of the game requested of me. I didn’t decline games just to keep my rank. Work schedule and taking care of my wife has been a huge factor.

Again. Thank you. If I suddenly disappear soon, well, this is why. See you all on the flip side.

8 Likes

Speaking as also a parent. A designer. A Playtester. A OCTGN developer AND a boardgamer, if you want to, you can always find some time for the things you love :wink:

4 Likes

First of all, I hope that you will be able to play your semi-final and possibly a final of the league games if you finish in top four.
Secondly I agree with DB0, after few months adapting to new role you should be able to find some free time for yourself and I expect to meet you on OCTGN from time to time.
And I don’t believe that anyone was suspecting that you are dodging games for whatever reason, we play the league games when we have a time and mood for it, so don’t worry about it man.

1 Like

Nice post jayjester.
Without people and the game on OCTGN i wouldn’t have been able to play Doomtown ever, yet (except a few learning rounds).
Also had to drop off OCTGN during the last week because of other stuff to do.
But i hope i can play a bit again soon.
Keep up the good work! :smile:

I’m looking forward to any future games. All the best!

DB0, thank you for the encouragement. I’ve been getting a lot of people just telling me how my life is over. The first few months with twins will be consuming.

Swider; I’ll try. My concern is that the children could come any day now, since indications are increasing the likelihood for them arriving within the next couple weeks. It might happen that I’m unavailable right as the semi-finals start. I’ll see what I can do.

To all others, thank you. As I said, I’m not disappearing, but I wanted to explain why I’ll be declining games more often. I wanted the focus of my message to be on the community, not on my absence. I just can’t imagine doomtown without octgn at this point.

1 Like