Berkeley, California - Doomtown Round Up

Format: Standard
June 11th at High Noon
Games of Berkeley, 2151 Shattuck, 94704
(510) 540-7822

We got a regular group of 4-5 players and an ongoing Recruitment Drive to round up more. Be that you, pardner? Beginners are welcome, will be shown the ropes and let to ride, with extra “beginner competitive” decks that can be lent, leavin’ only yer first born as collateral. Come check out the growing Berkeley meta.

Playing for OP Kit by popular vote barring an untimely Election Day Slaughter - likely OP Kit #6 as it’s got the look of Hot Lead Flyin’.

3 Likes

Followed by the Deputy Tournament one month later.

Format: Deputy (Standard)
July 9th at High Noon
(510) 540-7822

This is startin’ ta look mighty like a Second Saturdays thing, but don’t go gettin’ all superstitious. Beginners lookin’ to git sharp for this event are ought to first come to the Tournament advertised right above this here post.

Playing for the Deputy OP Kit 2016 - Hangin’ Judge mat, Jake Smiley cxp (clownsperienced), Baird’s Build and Loan, and A Fight They’ll Never Forget - which it’s sure to be!

2 Likes

Right now, I’m free both weekends :smiley: I may have something in Santa Cruz later on Saturday 6/11, but should be able to scoot into GoB. fingers crossed :smiley:

Format: Multiplayer Bicycle Knockout
Today (sorry!) May 22nd at 7pm-10pm
Eudaimonia Games, 2154 University, 94704
(510) 883-0814

Our first bicycle tournament. “Bicycle” means deck construction dictates exactly 1 of each poker value (instead of 4) - otherwise all normal rules in effect. This is a multiplayer tournament with knockout rules: at Sundown, when checking for win condition, any player who meets win condition against any other player “knocks out” that player - meaning they “lose” and all their cards are removed from play. Play continues until there is a single winner, or time is called (3 hours) with tie-breaker rules in effect.

Playing for OP Kit #5 - Chief Stephen Seven-Eagles mat, Ghost Rock pouch and coins, Coachwhip! and Blake’s Ranch. Beginners welcome! Extra decks will be provided for new players. Saddle up on your best bike and come Run 'Em Down!

1 Like

August 13th at High Noon
(510) 540-7822

We got a regular group of 4-5 players and an ongoing Recruitment Drive to round up more. Be that you, pardner? Beginners are welcome, will be shown the ropes and let to ride, with extra “beginner competitive” decks that can be lent, leavin’ only yer first born as collateral. Come check out the growing Berkeley meta.

Playing for OP Kit by popular vote barring an untimely Mugging.

1 Like

May very well be able to make this one - looks like the kids will be off camping.
Looking forward to bootin’ n shootin’ with the Marshal runnerup :stuck_out_tongue:

While SB12 Showstopper was a Gencon pre-release, is it officially out yet (e.g. will GoB have copies)?

1 Like

Games of Berkeley has had copies of Showstopper, but they’re sold out right now I think. So some people attending will have it, including those who didn’t rock the GenCon event.

1 Like

Well, I don’t have to plan on pulling my punches. Instead of old jank, I can bring new jank :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Congratulations to Arek for taking the last two Berkeley events in a row - going undefeated in both. Next OP Kit before coast-to-coast-synchronized California Maze Sheriff season:

September 10th at High Noon
(510) 540-7822

Playing for OP Kit by popular vote barring an untimely Ambush.

https://www.gamesofberkeley.com/pages/event-calendar

1 Like

http://community.gomorragazette.com/t/2016-great-maze-sheriff-season/1106

Congratulations to Arek are definitely in order, but (ahem) he didn’t go undefeated in the Deputy tournament – although he did beat me in the rematch.

Well either way we gotta take 'em down next one.

Gunna miss your hella decks from the Berkeley scene…

That was really cool of that one guy at the event to give you those 2 free alt art cards, even though he wanted to trade for them and he just decided to give them to you anyway. I love this community! So many great people. :smile:

1 Like

It really was! Hopefully I’ll find someone to pass the goodness on to.

April 8th at High Noon
Games of Berkeley, 2510 Durant, 94704
(510) 540-7822

The Berkeley scene never died with the game, though we did sustain a couple casualties. And it turns out Games of Berkeley still has some OP Kits worth shootin’ over. The errata issued by Pinebox Entertainment will be in full effect. New players welcome - we will show you the ropes and can provide extra decks. This store has moved to a new location - please note the address change.

Cheers, varmints!

3 Likes

May 13th at High Noon
Games of Berkeley, 2510 Durant, 94704
(510) 540-7822

OP Kits up for gets: 2, 3, 6, or 7. We will decide on the day of prior to starting the tournament. If you have a strong preference, it will likely be served. Just make sure your aim is true! The errata issued by Pinebox Entertainment will be in full effect. New players welcome - we will show you the ropes and can provide extra decks. This store has moved to a new location - please note the address change.

Cheers, varmints!

2 Likes

Sweetening the Pot: Winner takes home 2 Jokers of choice in addition to OP Kit prizes!

3 Likes

Next Berkeley Tournament:

Format: “Bring a New Deck” for regulars, Standard for everyone else
Date: June 11th, 7pm
Deed: Eudemonia Games, 2154 University Ave, berkeley, CA 94704
Phone: 510-883-0814
Organizer: jordan caldwell is “ur.dm.zac@gmail.com

Culminating our League, we will have a Round Robin to take home the I’m Your Huckleberry playmat. In addition, those bringing a Servitor deck (using Grimme, Hellstromme, Raven, or Stone) will win a mail-in Ivory Servitor of their choice courtesy Frank Kalal. This all in addition to the standard prizes (5 promos, Charlie’s Place woodchip). And, you will vote for your character per the series norm.

If ya’ll been hidin’ yer tails in the Bay, come out and see you dance!

4 Likes

Zac, I challenge you to productively use We Got a Beef! in your new deck (i.e., play it during a tournament game in order to gain an advantage in said game). If you do, I’ll buy you a burger or burger-equivalent next time we’re in the same city.

4 Likes

Dammit I already built “Warp and Ride” for this - but challenge accepted!

1 Like