Deadlands Convention and Doomtown Worlds: May 5-6 (Updated)

This coming year in conjunction with Pine Box Entertainment and Pinnacle Entertainment Group, Fan Boy Three will be hosting the Doomtown Reloaded Worlds as well as a Deadlands Convention. Schedule as follows:

Friday, May 4 @7pm: Pub Grudge Match Social at Port Street Beer House (39-41 Port St, Manchester M1 2EQ, UK). Join us for a Meet and Greet social and some Doomtown grudge matches against some of the finest gunslingers around. The first promotional card for the weekend will be provided to participants, an alternate art card representing the legend of Tombstone. No entry fee.

Saturday, May 5: Deadlands Convention @Fanboy Three (25 Hilton St, Manchester M1 1EL, UK).
10am Registration, Events 11am-3pm, 3pm-7pm
£5 Entry Fee
The festivities will begin with Deadlands RPG Games, featuring existing Doomtown characters and those coming in ‘Too Tough To Die.’ As players represent these characters in their introduction to Tombstone, their actions will directly impact the Doomtown storyline and canon of Deadlands: Reloaded. There will be sessions for the main event beginning at 11am and additional game at 3pm hosted by Owen Leans. There will be 3 round Doomtown tournaments during these times as well using previously released promotional kits.

Sunday, May 6: Doomtown: Reloaded World Championship @Fanboy Three
10am Registration, Event 11am-8p
£10 Entry Fee
The resulting conflicts between factions that occurred during the RPG event will play out on Sunday, May 6, in the Doomtown World Championship, where specific match-ups and decisions made by players each round will continue to influence the outcome of this story. The winner of this event will work with both story and design team to create a card that represents what occurred in this amazing weekend of all things Deadlands. Not only that, the winning player’s decklist will become a deck with several alternate art cards that Doomtown players will be able to purchase in honor of this victory. This will be a 5 round swiss, cut to Top 8 event (side event during cut)

Recommended Hotel: Staycity Apartments (40 Laystall St, Manchester M1 2JZ, UK); we are helping coordinate sharing (see below)

Vendors: Ralph Horsley (Shadows of Brimstone artist).

Facebook Event Page: Redirecting...

6 Likes

To help people out we are looking at bookings at hotels in the area to keep costs to a minimum, currently the best looking prices are at staycity apartments piccadilly (these can hold up to 6 people comfortably and even more uncomfortably if people wanted to use sleeping bags) and easy hotel (very small but perfectly functional rooms), both of these options come in under £30 per night/person with people sharing. Please respond here if you want anymore information.

1 Like

I would like more info, please!

What further information would you wish? I can add you to a list of people looking at sharing rooms.

Please add me to any lists of folks looking to share a room/hostel/whatever. I will be with my wife, so 2 of us. We’ll need Friday night and Saturday night.

6 Likes

I will have a better idea February 1st - but count me interested

4 Likes

Lapps should be coming in early Wednesday for a couple days of seeing the city before flipping cardboard. Very much looking forward to Friday night Cask ale and Doomtown before we officially kick things off :slight_smile:

4 Likes

We have just had confirmation of our first special guest, the renowned artist Ralph Horsley will be attending on one of the two days (tbc) to trade and do signings of his works. Ralph is the artist behind Shadows over Brimstone and has a long history of work with Pathfinder, Dungeons and Dragons and Magic the gathering. You can find a lot of his work here https://ralphhorsley.deviantart.com/gallery/

3 Likes

Any more information about the ending hours/ program for Sunday? Looking to find out if it’s reasonable to consider flying back Sunday evening (bloody busy irl schedules :confused:).

1 Like

We are currently reviewing the schedule and will reply asap

4 Likes

Updated with schedule!

1 Like

Okay should I do this or Gen con ?

Tough call, as both will be an amazing time packed with Doomtown!

1 Like

I would also like more information re: housing options, please and thanks!

1 Like

Friday night social event at Port Street Beer House @7pm!

39-41 Port Street
Manchester, United Kingdom

3 Likes

The Danish posse is callin’ everyone out for a Mad Science challenge if you’re around on Friday night. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Mad Science Challenge - now this is a good idea.

Is this event and the one above it the same event?

1 Like

Correct, it appears the Mad Science Challenge is the main event at the Friday night social :cowboy_hat_face:

That and testing the different British pints while remembering everyone’s names… now, that’s gonna be a challenge, hehe.
I’ll try and bring some decks that can work in multiplayer as well.

4 Likes

Copied from my message on discord:

Even though I of course can’t be there, I plan on making some deck because a challenge is a challenge, and I like where they are going with this one.

A few thoughts. Gadget slide seems really, powerful, especially for MCC. Only dudes with gadgets, and gadget dudes in possess mean nongageted dudes best beware of getting kidnapped. Phantom Finger might make it worth playing a huckster. Your almost guaranteed to face Yagn heavy decks, and probably a lot of gadget guns, and decks packing Slight Modification, so be aware that most melee weapons will be unreliable, and shootout control like Pistol Whip will likely not work.

3 Likes