Deadlands/Doomtown: The Earps in the Weird West

Today we revisit this thread to discuss Wyatt Earp making his debut into Doomtown!

To talk a bit about the art, when the set was submitted to PEG, as with Too Tough To Die, PBE made some suggestions. As a major fan of the Tombstone history (and film), I humbly requested to complete the description of the piece and asked if Ricardo Rullo could complete the art.

I wanted something that would remind folks of Ricardo’s Inner Struggle piece; a reflection of the story about Jessica and Sloane (Holster). In “Stone and a Hard Place,” as noted above, history is quite different in the Weird West, and Wyatt, influenced by the domain of Death, immediately seeks vengeance upon learning of his brother Morgan’s death; something we hinted at in the fictional character Virginia Ann Earp flavor text (the character is featured in the Deadlands Tombstone Seven supplement along with Matilda Loomis).

I hope you enjoy the art and card as much as we did. There’s a few more figures you’ll recognize in ‘Out For Blood’ as previews will continue up through the end of April, leading into the Twilight Protocol: Texas Rangers event at ChupaCabracon!

7 Likes