Doomtown Twilight Protocol Series Act I: The Agency. GenghisCon February 21-24, 2019

Doomtown Twilight Protocol Series

Act I: The Agency

The Agency is the Union’s first, best, and only defense against those things that go bump in the night; a Denver-based secret government organization that hunts the supernatural. Players attending GenghisCon this February 21-24 will have a chance to influence the Deadlands/Doomtown storyline through a series of events that will continue at Chupacabrocon (Texas) in May and conclude in Tombstone (Arizona) in October of 2019.

We invite you to join the Pine Box team in a weekend of enjoying all things Doomtown at this convention. Welcoming players new and old, the following promotional cards with alternate art will be provided at these events:

Dude: Agent Provocateur
Deed: Epidemic Laboratory
Good: Knight’s Chasuble
Action: Ricochet

The promos will have a different border for each of the 3 Twilight Protocol Series events!

Top of faction cards, Top 4 mats, Top 8 Legend card, and a badge will be provided for the main event! Participants in the swiss only storyline event and greenhorn events will receive additional promos to help round out their collection, or get new players receive some new cards to get started in the weird west!

While the following events will be posted on the GenghisCon website, we will have additional gatherings per player interest. After all folks, we do this for you, the players, so we are open to some multiplayer or any other activities you would Pine Box to participate in throughout the weekend. We are very much looking forward to seeing you all in February!

Hotel rooms and badges can be purchased here: http://genghisconcolorado.com/

Doomtown: Greenhorn Learn to Play / Casual Open Play! (No set pairings)
Day 1: 5pm (Open Gaming Hall Table 1)
Day 4: 12pm (Open Gaming Hall Table 10)
Details: Following the success of the relaunch of Doomtown, Pine Box and Pinnacle Entertainment are kicking off our Genghiscon events with an open play environment for players new and old. Please join our great community for a few rounds of casual play or learn to play Doomtown for the first time! You’ll receive some fancy new promos and play for previously released promotional items from organized play.

Doomtown: Twilight is Upon Us (Swiss rounds only)
Day 2: 10am (Open Gaming Hall Table 10): After the Deadlands events that occurred in The Cackler, the skies seem a little darker, the vast prairies a little lonelier, the distances between burgs a little longer and more dangerous. It’s almost as if a permanent twilight has fallen…
Practitioners of black magic find it a little easier to summon their powers. In Doomtown game terms, all Hexes are cast at 1 less cost. Blessed get hit the hardest by the metaphysical dusk. Where once the powers of light bestowed miracles like rock candy, now they’ve been forced to retreat somewhat. By necessity they’ve become selective, doling out arcane help to their chosen with less regularity and variety than they did in the past. In Doomtown game terms, all Blessed who fail a Miracle pull are then booted.
The choice is yours. Any player with a deck containing three or more Fearmongers and/or 1 cost hexes, or a Servitor will be playing for the side of the Reckoners, while all other decks will be on the side of the Heroes of the Weird West. Players matchups will help influence the finale of the Twilight Protocol Trilogy that continues at Chupacabrocon and ends in Tombstone, Arizona In October, 2019.

Fiction Event: 3pm-6pm. Details to follow

Doomtown: Twilight Protocol Series Act I: The Agency
Players in this Doomtown Destination Event will vote to choose which faction will play a major part in assisting the Agency in their fight against the Reckoners. The winning player will choose a dude that will be a pivotal part of the story, in joining the Agency in the fight against evil in the Weird West. This is part I of III in the 2019 Doomtown Destination Series, followed by Act II: The Texas Rangers at Chupacabrocon and will conclude in Act III: The Twilight Legion in Tombstone on October 26, 2019. Players new and old are welcome to join Pine Box Entertainment in this epic event that will involve all players voting on a faction that will shape the fiction of this trilogy.

5 Likes

Gentlefolk,
Just want to be perfectly clear about dates. Am I correct in assuming:

“Day 1” = Thursday, February 21st (Greenhorn)
“Day 2” = Friday, February 22nd (Twilight Upon Us)
[Day 3?] = Saturday, February 23rd (Twilight Protocol Part I)

Looking forward to this. Cheers!

1 Like

Correct, will update accordingly!

February 21 kicks things off on Thursday and we end on Sunday February 24

I’d also like to announce that these same promos will be used for the European Badge event, to give our players across the pond the opportunity to receive them as well.

3 Likes

Is the art for the Top 8 Mat somewhere in this post? =D

It is not; it will be left as a surprise until the con.

1 Like

Four Dude cards and some additional spoilers will be featured at GenghisCon as we introduce a new way in which the fiction for the Twilight Protocol Series will be told!

News on other fictions are upcoming and will be presented and discussed before the year’s end.

4 Likes

Please note the Twilight is Upon Us event on Friday is being moved to 10am so that players can attend the fiction event at 3pm. Details to follow!

2 Likes

For those interested in playing Deadlands, we didn’t schedule any events because there is a lot of Savage Worlds to be had on both Friday and Saturday night at 7pm.

For those not interested in role-playing, I’m sure we’ll still be flipping cardboard as well :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Event registration goes up Jan 1! Badges and rooms are currently available at

http://genghisconcolorado.com/

1 Like

Fiction Event!

http://pineboxentertainment.com/2018/12/28/twilight-approaches-doomtown-stories-in-2019/

1 Like

for the Twilight is Upon us event - “Your hexes are cast at one less cost” - I take that to mean that the GR cost of attaching hexes is reduced by one - right?

1 Like

Correct!

1 Like

Just a few weeks away! Mats have arrived and we will have Doomtown product on hand to sell to new and existing players :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The first of four promotional cards for all participants, personalised to this event to represent The Agency!

6 Likes

A classy Agency background, nice work from your layout team! :thumbsup:

I like varying the flavour text on the promos too, helps give more characters moments in the sun.

Plus surely everyone wants more copies of Ricochet?

5 Likes

Are deck lists going to be required at this event?

Nope, but we do encourage everyone to post their lists after the event on dtdb.co

3 Likes

Second the request to share decklists - a big help to both the broad community and also the Playtest team in monitoring the play environment. :thumbsup: Appreciate some people can’t find time for full commentary (great if this is present) but even just having lists after an event is helpful.