DTDB improvements

I moved 3 posts to a new topic: How do replies work?

The Rules section currently includes the following as part of Tournament Rules:

3.B Pregame and Game Startup Procedures

Before the first turn of the game if there are effects/reacts that could be conflicting before a winner has been determined by lowball (E.G. Grifter abilities), use the following procedure:

1. All players make a choice as to whether they are going to use or pass on the grifter ability. Each player then holds their hand out with a concealed token in there, with an agreed colour code, red for use and blue for no use.
  2. If a player fails to hold out a token of either colour then they pass the use of the grifter.
  3. Both players open their hands at the same time and use the ability or not as indicated.

This is outdated and might be misleading. I suggest marking it as such.
The current ruling on the timing of Grifters is here: #1, #2, #3. Hopefully it’ll be in the next version of FAQ, but the Floor Rules don’t get updated.

Without getting into details, as there are innumerable ways to modify it, I just want to voice my support for improving the sorting functionality when deckbuilding as others have mentioned. That’s definitely the largest pain point with DTDB at the moment (though it’s a great tool and I love it).

Being able to sort that page using multiple filter criteria would be great. Main criteria I’d like to see would be value, suit, type, faction, and keyword. Individual stats (bullets, influence, cost, etc.) are less important from a deckbuilding perspective, to me, but they’d be nice to have as well.

I have tried posting a review of a card a few times and always get, “there has been an error reload to try again” I was able to review one card and it wont let me do any more.

I think I know why. What is your id on dtdb? I’ll check that asap

It worked now… I don’t know. Its the same as here btw. KujakuDM

How about an autocomplete when doing a deck search by author? Or if we can search on partial text with suggested results, like we can do with the cards?
Sometimes I can’t remember exactly how a user name is spelled and so a deck search by author comes up empty.

DoomtownDB as been updated.

The main feature is the possibility to sort your deck (by value amongst others) when editing your deck.

2 Likes

:+1: Good Job!! many thanks!

The card suggestion feature has not worked for me for quite some time. As far as I know its not off or anything.

True! I’ll look into fixing that

Regarding the improvEments proposed, here are my thoughts:

• difficulty field seems nice, I like the idea. I’ll see how I can do that.
  • Drawing simulator and probability stuffs: Those are big things. I’ll look into that kind of things as I like probabilities problems, at first I wanted to work on that be thought I’d fix issues and user experience before. But it is something that I won’t do in the short term (because of the difficulty).
  • Individual Rules entries: it is planned, I’ll be working on that shortly.
  • “view” link shared: I think I’ll have to rework that (the non-owers should probably have different options that the owner).
  • previews listed in red is something I had in mind. The main question is do people need that? You can easily chose to use the pack to use or not and the spoiled cards are not numerous and always in only 1 pack at a time.
  • Adding comments to Reviews: Why not. Are people interesting in commentign the reviews?
  • displaying the structure of decks: That is one of the big features planned, one of those I wanted to work on at the begining…
  • Adding criteria to the sorting fonctionnality. Some are easier than other, will see what I can do easily before working on harder stuffs.
  • autocomplete usernames: Seems helpfull!
  • re-activating suggestions: because it is here, somewhere…
3 Likes

Ok, That should be fixed now!

I bet most of the users don’t even know that you can filter cards by set in the deckbuilder. And of those who know, half has forgotten, and the other half just won’t bother :smile:
This would mostly serve as a reminder for users less familiar with dtdb and/or Doomtown news.

Personally, the things I am most eager for are default sorting mode (e.g. spades sorted by value) and individual rules entries.

Thanks for keeping us updated. When I asked for drawing simulator I was aware it won’t happens soon, but I am happy to know that it is at least on your radar.

I changed the default as “everything-but-no-suit-cards sorted by value”
I still have to figure (with your help) the best default option. This one at least allow you to use the syntax search at its best.

Probably won’t be as complex as what you ask :slight_smile:
But it sure is in my mind.

Clicking on a suit button now makes it * unselect * that suit, so that only other suits are displayed. Personally, I think this is rather un-intuitive and inconvenient, because now I have to make four click instead of one to set my preferred sorting mode.

1 Like

Have you tried using shift-click? I think it reverses that behaviour.

I don’t think I understand:
When you click a selected button, it unselects itself (and vice-versa)
The difference with previous version is that the non-suit aren’t selected (before, all of them were), so unselecting everything but 1 is 1 less click than before, isn’t it?

I understand that you’d rather have only one selected when starting, but the behavior you describe seems correct. I don’t see the “un-intuitive” part.

Before, five suits were pre-selected, and I had to make one click to make it show ‘dudes only’. Now, i have to make three clicks to unselect three other suits for the same result. I am actually fine with having all four suits pre-selected by default, if I need only to make one click to see Spades only.
But it is difficult for me to imagine a situation where a user would want all but one (or two) suits selected. Well, it probably happens, but much less often than ‘Show all suits’ and ‘Show one suit’. So i think that clicking a button to show only the corresponding suit is more intuitive than showing all others but this one.

db0, holding shift would require me to use one full arm more than not holding it. I think it’s pretty big, ergonomics-wise.