DTDB improvements

I stand corrected - the dtdb text of Unprepared is correct, but the image is not.

For Concealed Weapons, there is a slight difference from the FAQ:

The FAQ reads:
“Noon​: Your dudes may attach goods and spells (as Shoppin’) at locations you do not control, and as Shootout plays.”

DTDB reads:
“Noon: Your dudes may attach goods and spells (as Shoppin’) at any location, and as Shootout plays.”

I don’t have the card in front of me so I’m not sure which one is accurate.

2 Likes

Ah! So the FAQ is inaccurate.

Is there a way on the Card Search page to search by suit? Generally the Type field fills that role, but I can’t search for say all of the 12-of-Hearts at the same time because some may be spells while others are goods. Yet, I may want to see both to compare my options.

An alternative and perhaps nicer approach would allow the Type field to be multi-select list. This would fill my particular use case plus probably some other edge cases.

I really only use the Search function to search cards by keyword or rules text. If I want to see all 12♥, I just use the deckbuilder.

The Search engine is clunky and need a capital rehaul, but at the moment I believe that updating the database itself (rulebook & FAQ, individual card rulings, errata-ed cards, outdated images) has more priority. Sure hope we’ll get there as well one day :slight_smile:

I don’t think it has been discussed here, but just so people concerned know:

iOS browsers (and some others such as Safari) couldn’t display the list of cards when building a deck making the deckbuilder nearly unusable. Hopefully it should populate the collection of cards now, but it still isn’t possible for these users to use the “value buttons” as it would empty the card list. If at one point the list is empty, just unclick every buttons in that row.
Outfit and suit buttons should work fine.

I also updated the rules with the composite version found on AEG website.

2 Likes

DTDB rules section has been updated thanks to @mplain huge work!

4 Likes

Time structure and OCTGN guide looks great!

Good job!

And a new update with an even more interesting section compiled by @mplain

That is one amazing update.
Love the new FAQ, Collected Rulings and OCTGN sections.

I haven’t read everything to completion, but a couple things I noticed at first glance:

For the Rulebook Page - Rules · DoomtownDB
It says “Revised Rulebook” at the top. Seeing as the rules team revised the rulebook once, perhaps it would be prudent to put the date when the composite rules were published, so we can see at a glance that it’s up to date after future releases.
(The Composite Rules say “Revision 001-20150701” at the top)

On the FAQ page - FAQ · DoomtownDB
It says “Tournament Rules - effective June 2015” above “Doomtown Rulings and FAQ”
Is that supposed to be there? There is another section titled “Floor Rules” that seems to be a more fitting location for this title, if at all.

For the Floor Rules section - Tournament Rules · DoomtownDB
It says “Comprehensive Doomtown Reloaded Rules” above “Doomtown: Reloaded Floor Rules.” Another oversight?

For the Collected Rulings section - Collected Rulings · DoomtownDB
Sprit Trail is written “Spirit Trail1”

Amazing job, well done!

1 Like

@soulblight Thanks, it’ll all be fixed this evening hopefully.

Guys, please note the Turn Structure page. I wanted to make it easier to refer to than the rulebook, simple enough to understand for new players, but at the same time not overloaded with information. Please comment if you think that something could be added to or removed from it.

Just some very minor things i noticed while reading:

• Maybe for noon plays you could mention that “action cards” are only “clubs”, because it came up before on OCTGN, that people were not sure if they could play actions on hearts from hand.
  • On reacts to callouts (Rope and Ride) etc., the Winner also technically has the very first chance to react, before taking turns, no matter who called out.
  • Maybe an empty line after “Rope & Ride” and “Who forms posses first”, seemed like the 2 points belong together.
  • “Shootout abilities that bring dudes that are currently in play into a posse can be used can be use even i”

Very great work, i think that can be really helpful to prevent a lot of discussions / misunderstandings! Thanks! :slight_smile:

1. This timing structure is not planned as a complete substitute for the rulebook. I really don’t want to include all basic stuff like the difference between actions, abilities, and traits. Otherwise it’ll grow twice in size =_=

2. I’m not inclined to include this passage unless new cards are released that will make it actually possible and worthwhile for both players to react to the same event. At the moment i can only envision one such situation that won’t come up too often (when a dude is aced as a shootout or resolution play, i use Dr.Ashbel to prevent you from using Lay On Hands). In any case, the ‘Award the Winner’ section of the Gamblin’ phase describes that the winner if always first to React.

3. Not sure what you mean. Remove an empty line, or add an empty line? In the main section (Shootouts – Callout accepted), or the table at the end (Callouts, Jobs, and Shootouts)?

4. Oh, thanks! i’ll fix that.

That’s a good idea - there should be an “assumed familiarity” with the rules that new players can get from studying the rulebook, and from playing their first dozen games or so.

1 Like

1+2 were just things that came up in recent discussion that i noticed here, it’s perfectly fine without them, np :wink:

3: I meant add an empty line in the main section between
“* Rope and Ride is played before the final location of the shootout is determined.”
and
“The leader declares their entire posse first. Then, the mark does the same.”
I thought it looked like the leader would have to declare their posse before playing Rope&Ride.

No offence, i really like your effort! :smiley:

But, these two sentenses are separated by borders of their respective blocks:

You suggest increasing the gap between borders? In this specific case?

Ooooh, i don’t see no borders in Firefox 40.0.3…

Try clearing your cache (ctrl+f5), hopefully it’s not browser-related.

Alright, that worked!

In light of the recent OCTGN update, I had a look through the definition files and thought it might be nice to add these shortcuts to the “List of hotkeys” on the OCTGN Guide menu:

New ones @db0 just added:
CTRL+N - Remove from posse
CTRL+T - Trade Goods to target dude
CTRL+X - Draw a draw hand

Standard ones:
ESC - Refuse shooutout
CTRL+M - Announce move without booting
CTRL+B - Announce move by booting
ALT+A - Ace card
DEL - Discard card

Ones I noticed that I didn’t know about that are helpful:
ALT+H - Mark as Harrowed (useful for The Pack Awakens)
ALT+D - Take control of a location
ALT+M - Add a marker (ie, for John “Aces” Radcliffe to bring up the menu to add a custom marker for a stud)

Some shortcuts that would be handy for Kung Fu:
ALT+V - Increase value
ALT+Shift+V - Decrease value