Epitaph Comes to OCTGN! ...and Spoiler!

I think you should definitely stick it out all the way through to the end, but of course it’s your decision in the end. Just my personal thoughts, but I think the most legit reason to drop from the top 8 would be if you don’t think you’ll be able to arrange games with your opponents within a 1-2 week time frame.

There’s still time to play experimental decks and eliminate yourself from the top 8 the right way :smiley:

3 Likes

@Harlath You could experiment with non three value draw structures, radical new ground for you.

2 Likes

I could give it a shot, but I’m at a wedding from tomorrow lunchtime until Sunday and then need to pack! I don’t have time to organise “tanking”, like an American sports team trying to secure a better draft pick.

Following @Pr0digy’s match arrangement advice, I think I’m unavailable for over a week so can perhaps be ruled out on the grounds of unavailability. Means there will be a proper T8 rather than somebody effectively getting a bye from playing me? :slight_smile: Can try to be available the weekend after GenCon, but that leaves things late and denies me an excellent opportunity to monitor the environment. Whichever option the organiser finds best!

@Neramoor - heresy. Three value draw structures 4 life.

1 Like

And that concludes the main portion of the league. Thanks to everyone who participated! This was a very smooth league (as they usually are) and I didn’t really have to put on my T.O. hat at any point, so that just goes to show how friendly and reasonable everyone is to work out any little issues/rules questions that come up during a game.

If you did not make the top 8, and you’ll be at Gencon this year please message me ASAP so I can bring your promos for participating. Otherwise, I’d prefer to wait until the finals have finished, and then I’ll mail out all the prizes/promos.

And speaking of, congratulations to the top 8 finalists! Harlath and I are bowing out, so that makes our top 8:

1. @rockergamer06
  2. @swider
  3. @dzastus
  4. @Csonti
  5. @Khudzlin
  6. @jayjester
  7. @Roullette3
  8. @SirLargeness

That list makes up quite the variety of countries and timezones, so let’s give up to 2 weeks for you to arrange your match with your opponent. At least 2 of those 8 folks will be at gencon this week, so the first week may be a bit slow going.

Matches will be best 2 of 3 by default, but if time/schedules only allow for one match then that’s fine too. You will need to pick one deck and stick with it for all 3 rounds of the finals. Please send me your dtdb lists so I can have them as reference when watching & recording games.

Please post here and/or on Discord when you have arranged your games! Other folks may want to watch, and I would like to watch and record as many games as possible to throw on youtube later. Ideally I will have someone join me for some commentary, as well!

Match ups:
Rockergamer vs SirLargeness
Swider vs Roulette
Dzastus vs Jayjester
Csonti vs Khudzlin

Good luck, and more importantly have fun!

7 Likes

Any of these games on youtube?

I don’t know about the earlier league matches but the plan is to try to have. A few T8 matches recorded and uploaded, potentially with commentary from @Doomdog and @Pr0digy (others may throw their hats in the commentary ring too) if schedules allow it.

2 Likes

Commentary would be totally awesome!

2 Likes

Rockergamer wins vs SirLargeness and Jayjester wins vs Dzastus so far, congratulations guys!

Rockergamer will play the winner of Csonti vs Khudzlin and Jayjester will play the winner of Swider vs Roulette.

3 Likes

Because of schedule and time zone difference, Dzastus and I agreed on a single elimination for our match instead of 2 of 3.

This my first time recording a game, no sound a bit blurry, sorry.

While a slide deck isn’t terribly riviting, Dzastus worried me with a incredible first turn. My deck does have a few tricks up its sleeve you’ll see on the final day in the game.

4 Likes

3 jobs on turn 1? Yikes… Good come back from behind!

1 Like

Can I just hijack this to say that I was DELIGHTED to see some prominent OCTGNers playing and playing well in the ‘live events’ at Gencon. Way to rep both Online and OP communities :smiley:

5 Likes

I’ve not had the chance to play DTR except online for about 2 years. I’ve spoken with my OCTGN friends that placed very highly at Gencon, so I’m good in saying this, that it’s amazing seeing my close rivals doing so well at Gencon. I’m really glad to hear that people recognized what OCTGN was more this year. If I do get a chance next year, I need one of those shirts Prodigy.

4 Likes

We are down to the finals, congratulations to @rockergamer06 and @jayjester - these 2 will be battling for the top spot!

Good luck, and let us know when you schedule the game so we can watch (and maybe record).

3 Likes

An all MCC final then after many tipped them to win GenCon only to see a Sloane v 108 final there? Interesting to see different environments throwing up different finalists. Look forward to seeing the decklists after the final. :slight_smile:

Well done to both finalists for getting this far to everyone else for participating.

1 Like

After 2 close games between Rockergamer (Regulators) and Jayjester (MCC), the 3rd and final match is over.

Jayjester takes it - congratulations to the Epitaph league winner!

Rockergamer absolutely dominated the main portion of the league with his Regulators, and Jayjester comes in 1st, using the original Morgan home - I hope you both will put up your lists and tournament reports on dtdb.

For anyone who hasn’t yet, especially top 8 folks, please put your lists up on dtdb!

Prizes: Everyone can get a Dave “Slim” Gorman and Undertaker erratas (or a couple of each, if not as many people want them).
Top 8: You guys each get a full bleed Ivor Hawley Exp, and choice of one the following: Epitaph playmat, Epitaph branded mug, Epitaph branded bottle opener, 3x Ivory Outfit
Please message me with your preference of those items in order, then I’ll just go down the line with Jayjester picking first, etc, etc.

I also have some extra promos/alt art on hand to give out for any of the league participants: It’s Not What You Know, Jake Smiley, Faster on the Draw, A Fight They’ll Never Forget, Kidnappin, Sun in Yer Eyes, This’ll Hurt in the Mornin, and Jacqueline Isham. Message me if you’re interested.

Since there was no entry fee, I’m just asking if you want stuff that you pay for the shipping.

Thanks to everyone for making this a really fun, competitive, and diverse league! It was tied for the most attended league ever, and I look forward to seeing you all in the next one!

2 Likes

3rd game is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXeJbIpc6Ec&t=2527s (sorry for the quality, I’m still learning recording)

Deck published at Epitaph OCTGN League First Place - Doomsday Currency · DoomtownDB with a bit of a write up.

2 Likes

Last chance to get in touch with me about prizes. I am mailing everything out early next week.