Epitaph Series Week 3: We're going to Tombstone!

I hope everyone that attended the beginning of the Epitaph Texas League and Epitaph Events last weekend had fun celebrating the continuation of Doomtown: Reloaded! While we’re still waiting on some data to come in for these events, here’s some announcements:

-Robert Campbell, our new UK Marshall, has made his story choice regarding the 2017 European Championship! Tombstone. While we’ll discuss more on Tombstone and the city’s role in the Weird West and greater Deadlands universe, as a reminder, the faction most represented during the Epitaph Series will be the one we first follow into this new city. We plan on commemorating this in the art reflected in an upcoming alternate art promo.

-Tales From the Epitaph Kickstarter: Mark your calendars folks, July 18th is the date!

-Upcoming Epitaph Events for this week. Remember the faction you represent in your League or Event is the one contributing towards the total count for story representation. Remember to check in with your TO regarding if this is a one day event or League setup.

The Last Game Store
Max Way
voccomassimo@gmail.com
July 12th, 2017
278 Lacewood Dr, Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3M 3M9
Canada

Ludo Boardgame Bar and Bistro
Aaron Tanco
aarontanco@ludogames.ph
July 15th, 2017 (rescheduled from July 8th)
Makati City, Metro Manila
Philippines

Games-N-Stuff
Mark Rasker
M_Rasker@hotmail.com
July 15th, 2017
Diezerpoortenplas 38 8011VX Zwolle
Netherlands

Clifton Road Games
Steven Crane
mail@cliftonroadgames.co.uk
July 15th, 2017
16 Clifton Road, Exeter, EX1 2BR
UK

Victoria Park Hotel
Stuart Clark
office@black-lion.co.uk
July 16th, 2017
221 Ferry Road, Edinburgh, Scotland
UK

Støberiet
Anders Kernel
Anders.Kernel@gmail.com
July 16th, 2017
Blågårds Plads 5, 2+3 floor,2200 København N
Denmark

I’m Board! Games & Family Fun
Daniel Agnew
danagnew@gmail.com
July 16th, 2017
6917 University Ave, Middleton, WI 53562
USA

5 Likes

Updated with Exeter event

1 Like

Hooray, pleased to have this confirmed publicly!

All aboard the Tombstone/Death express. :steam_locomotive:

6 Likes

Are we likely to get a midseason faction breakdown so we know who might be leading us into the valley of death?

If certain factions are doing well/badly it may change peoples deck choices.

2 Likes

Indeed, as results come in they will be posted!

1 Like

Great. I think think this makes a fine story prize: everyone can take part but it doesn’t outrageously tie the story team’s hands, simply dictating how the introduction of Tombstone is framed.

It means you’re contributing something to a particular faction just by turning up. :slight_smile:

Numbers in a gun fight, just ask Steven Wiles (RIP): “The more people you have shooting, the more chance of someone getting hit”.

1 Like

Time to see what weird and wonderful things I can do with the Fourth Ring for the Epitaphs!

2 Likes

Appropriately, I found a spare copy of a classic film in my cupboards today. It is still in its wrapper, so I will try to remember to bring it to the Edinburgh or Newcastle Epitaph event and add it to the prize pool! :slight_smile:

As a postscript I have retired my Morgan Hex Regulator deck for the Epitaph events, but not in triumph! @Ijiasu thrashed it 3-0 at the weekend which is encouraging from a balance point of view but a devastating blow to my personal pride.

2 Likes