Fetch and hand rank

So, during the league game my opponent pointed out that Fetching the card from my draw hand would decrese my hand rank.

This is what the text on the card says: Cheatin’ Resolution Hex 5, Boot: You may place a card from your draw hand into your play hand after resolution. If this is a shootout, you suffer 3 less casualties this round.

So basically the issue is what “after resolution” does mean, we agreed that it means after resolution phase, but still we both thought it could mean before the next step begins ( just as react would) and that could lower your hand rank as the hands are compared only at the beginning of Take YEr Lumps Step.
So the question is, when exactly the card goes to hand and does it affect revealed hand rank?

2 Likes

seen and under review by the Rules Team.

Good morning! The Pine Box Rules Team continues to appreciate these questions from the community, as it is becoming clear there are quite a few older cards that may have unclear wording. The ‘resolution’ (note little r) is not defined; the intent is that the card enters your hand as you discard your draw hand. It can be reworded as follows:

When you discard your draw hand, you may place a card from your draw hand into your play hand.

It does not affect hand rank. Please note this is not an errata. Rules Team will be working on a reference document to help players in these cases and will document when a similar situation arises so that players will have access to a clearer interpretation. We strive to make the game as clear to understand as possible for new and old players alike :cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes