Foul Play Saddlebag spoilers caution

Whaaat? How is the new Horse a joke? Q is an awesome value, the cost is low, the ability lets you come back to townsquare from deeds, and overall it activates all of the really strong Horse actions (I’d say specifically Run Em Down and Ridden Down are my two favourites). edit: there’s more, its a high value for pulls as well, so you might ever see people equipping horses outside of morgan cattle co (good for Blessed who have a shit Q spell maybe?)

3 Likes

Indeed it could help for a new structure focus on actions. Sorry … I Forget it .
But i assume : this horse is The worst i havé seen … Compare it with ornitopthere or mechanical … Yes this one is free, not gadget and could be play out of Morgan .that make points for him

The ability is really strong. Sure, Mustang/Mechnical Horse/Ornithopter are better or offer more possibilities but also more expensive (Ghostrock and booting a MS) and the Q value is pretty good although I really hoped for a 8 value horse.

So, how about The Tattooed Man? Can we please talk about how awesome he is?

He’s awesome. 3 stud on value with Shadow Walk is pretty crazy, though to be honest I rarely play Fourth Ring so I’m not sure if anything else is super obvious.

1 Like

Hexslingin’ combo is awesome - pretty exåensive though with no inf. Can he be a starter?

1 Like

Lord voldemore com to gomorra

Voldemore, el pecador de la pradera :smile:

1 Like

He fits really good in Oddities. He does not have to ace the Raising Hell and the combination of Huckster and Abomination is pretty rare and really useful. Espacially with Huckster 3 for Bobos and still being able to pass the skill check for Raising Hell etc. when playing 6 as a main value which has nice synergy with abominations.

2 Likes

Smiling Tom works pretty well for me, and has influence. If you want to see your spells more consistently cycle harder, I guess.

While the influence is great, smiling Tom also has a higher upkeep, less bullets and a severe drawback. Comes down to personal preference and what the rest of your starting posse allows.

Also, not acing Raising Hell is more about not removing it from your draw structure than drawing it consistently, and just cycling harder does not add it back to your structure. I guess. And the costs of acing that spell and discarding for Hex Slingin’ etc. are there for balancing reasons I suppose so negating that seems like a good deal to me.

Agree with chefonk’s analysis. He seems pretty good already (as pointed out with Hex Slingin’ and Rasing Hell) and will get even better as more spells come out.

Can I add a big thumbs up to design for Outgunned? It chimes with two flavourful cards from Classic, reminding me a little of Fannin’ the hammer and Quickdraw. It gives people more use for their high bullet shooters and makes maneuver important by requiring booting. It even creates some interesting tradeoffs if you’ve got a high bullet shooter booted and a lower bullet option unbooted. Great work guys. All this, and it’s on value with Hex Slingin’ to avoid stacking the effects, underlining a strength of Doomtown Reloaded’s deckbuilding rules. I’m sure I’ll lose important dudes to it often, so I’ll praise it while I have a clear head. Well done design. :smile:

3 Likes

1.) Riorden rivals Ol’ Fashioned Hangin’ as my favorite card. Gomorra has been too long without a fiery, redheaded, Irish, Catholic preacher. If ya know what I mean.

Let’s see:

• Blessed 1: A solid, startable, support blessed other than Inbody to use Confession.
  • 2 influence for 5/1 is pretty good for a Dawg.
  • Another proactive bounty-gifting ability is really a welcome sight.
  • Back-up stud to boot.

I would have liked 2 skill so that he could cast LOH reliably when running 6’s as a main value, but he’d have to have gone up in price or lost something else that I like about him for that. So I’ll just learn to live with “balancing concepts” :stuck_out_tongue:

2.) Not particularly crazy about Righteous Fury by any stretch. Big cost, big difficulties, and an Ace value all for good but not great effect. Meh.

3.) Outgunned could be very interesting. Abram’s Crusaders could potentially make really good use of it, seeing that they can get rather obscene bullet ratings. Plus it’s on-value with Rapier which works well in a number of ways for that deck, too.

4.) Deliberate Infection seems to have a lot of potential for slide decks.

Agreed in basically every way. I’m not sure how a 1-cost good that allows you to move to TS could be considered bad. Especially when it’s on-value with such good Deeds and Actions. I consider it one of the best horses printed.

2 Likes

Man, I must say, I’m not a huge fan of the card art from Marcel Stobinski. It looks out of place/too comical.

2 Likes

Marcel’s art does have a ‘disney feel’ to it, but it sort of grows on me - there is a LOT of detail and technique going on there. He has some upcoming pieces that I think will really solidify his style w/in the game’s artwork.

While I don’t like Righteous Fury as a card, I LOVE Brent Chumley’s take on the Nun w/ a Gun trope and Outgunned captures the wild west showdown better than just about any artwork I’ve seen so far.

And Riccardo Rullo is just bonkers as always (see Tattooed Man and Blight Serum).

1 Like

I don’t dislike his art, it just does not fit the rest and the overall style of Doomtown I think. But that Morgan guy, Dr. Brian Foxworth or whats his name, is actually an improvement from that grifter dude.

Oh man, I am really looking forward to this set.

How do you calculate outgunned’s bullet requirement and @davido4015 - why no love for Righteous Fury?

1 Like

Suzy309 -

outgunned says:

[quote]
Resolution: If your posse has
a higher total bullet rating than
the opposing posse [/quote]

You compare bullets at the time of resolution-stud or draw doesn’t matter-just the bullet numbers plus any current modifications (plus or minus)

Righteous Fury - It fails just about every pull, and Blessed don’t have enough skill to boost it in any significant way.
It is also the classic ‘win more’ card. I don’t mind that per se (e.g. sending home 2 more dudes can end a shoot out right there), but it’s a cherry on top versus failing a clutch pull somewhere else when you draw a Righteous Fury out of the deck for a pull. The other shootout miracles have higher values (so they don’t auto-fail pulls) as well as useful ways to manipulate the shootout results.

1 Like

Old Marge’s Manor - what is it good for? I see James Ghetty and Recursive Motion Machine??? What else?

Oh and Xemo’s Turban is powerful!!!

1 Like

James Ghetty alone is huge I imagine. James Ghetty and Force Field is still a somehow legit strategy, but if james does not even have to be in the shootout once there is ghost rock stored, this is a pretty big buff in my book.