GenCon 2018 Doomtown: Reloaded Event Guide

New rule in effect for GenCon, take note partners!

http://pineboxentertainment.com/2018/06/26/wearing-your-sunday-best-limiting-gomorras-finest-to-one-attire/

4 Likes

An RPG event and two additional Greenhorn events have been added partners!

3 Likes

The first homebrew for the Wednesday night social is ready!

Mother Beer’s Rage: a SMaSH Pale ale with Munich malt and Experimental Batch 07270 hops. ~6% abv

4 Likes

Glad to see my role continues to take in both playtest coordination and provding comic relief to the rest of the team by misspelling Mother Bear’s Rage… :blush:

2 Likes

Hi @Lapp. I’m very interested in hearing about the Greenhorn event setting. Rules, setup, timeframe etc etc. as we’ll probably be doing another “rookie” event at Copenhagen Viking Con in October.
Perhaps we can talk after Gencon? Also, perhaps it’s better to involve @Suzy309 as he’s lead :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Sounds good! I’ve got a set layout on what we’re doing but I’ll be sure to get player feedback on any way we can improve it for your event!

4 Likes

In case anyone was wondering with the advanced copies of Too Tough to Die for sale at GenCon, it will not be legal for any of the ticketed events. If everyone attending has access to the product, we will allow it for the Saturday night social only. Figured we would address this before anyone asked :slight_smile:

3 Likes

but I will be totin’ a 2016 Sheriff kit to the Saturday night social - Callout event. Puh-leeeeze don’t make me lug it all the way back home :wink: What are y’all playin’ for (plus other possible goodies from the crew):
Sheriff Event Kit 2016

Playmats: Travis Moone XP
Wooden Outfits: 108 Righteous Bandits, Sanatorium, Abram's Crusaders, Morgan Stables, Den of Thieves, Eagle Wardens.
4x Sheriff Ghost Rock and Pouches
8x Alternate Art Card: Fancy New Hat
8x Alternate Art Card: Walk The Path
8x Alternate Art Card: Yagn's Mechanical Skeleton
32x Alternate Art Card: Faster on the Draw
64x Alternate Art Card: Jacqueline Isham Full-Bleed
1 Like

I am really looking forward to this week! Saturday’s Callout says ‘casual play with a twist’. What does that mean? I plan on bringing everything and playing Wednesday, Friday and Saturday (waiting too long for a Thursday ticket) so I’m sure I’d get my answer, but I’m just curious (that’s why they call me Whiskers)

1 Like

You’re welcome to join us on Thursday as well, we will be accepting generics (It is sold out for regular registration). I’ll defer to @davido4015 on the 'twist plans :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Some deets:

1. Team play - come with your posse of 2-5 folks. Or recruit drifters
    a) come and go as you wish - one game or many

2. Everyone starts w/ Bounty. You gain Bounty for your team by winning matches.
    a) You can in fact shoot the Sheriff, and yes, even a deputy.
    b) and perhaps one of our esteemed Marshals is ripe fodder for YOUR guns and spells.

3. There are achievements you can unlock within games and across matches

4. We will be divvying up a 2016 Sheriff kit, plus other shinies we can scrounge up.

5. but this is CASUAL - come have FUN playing DOOMTOWN.

4 Likes

Only one Marshal? What’s the matter, are the others to scared to face Judge Somerset’s writ, served up by the man, the myth, the legend THUNDAAAAAH BOOOOOY and his crew of Law Dogs? Don’t want Hattie DeLore to have one last, glorious moment in the sun? Are they worried this Marshal will claim their badge from their cold, dead corpse?

Darn tootin’ right they should be. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

As online registration is closed we wanted everyone to know that we are accepting generics for all events. The RPG event will fill up (there are only 2 open slots and one accounted for I believe), but we have plenty of space for all of the Doomtown events!

2 Likes

We will be starting our Friday DMH event a few minutes late due to the following:

-Our special guest is an old Prospector and it may take him some time to travel through the Hunting Grounds to find us.

-Players who may want to try and get in the queue for Too Tough To Die at the Studio 2 booth at 10am.

You are tied with David Hogg (assuming he comes as Stone) for the highest starting Bounty for David Orange’s Saturday-night Range Wars event.

I will be gunnin’ for both of you!

4 Likes

Well now, looks like I’ll have to watch my six (gun): with both of ye there, I might need to reload! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wait, you mean I should have brought some half-decent decks with me? :wink:

3 Likes

Naw, I’d like to have a decent chance of collecting your bounty. I’ll have only had a couple of days to practice with TTTD! :wink:

I am pleased to announce that Heidi Cook has been brought on as a second GM in case there is a standby list for the RPG event at 2pm tomorrow! We’ll be taking a maximum of 12 attendees so please check in early at the Doomtown HQ table in Hall B tomorrow if interested! This will take place during the Greenhorn event so we’ll be sure to have lots of action going on in the Weird West tomorrow!

3 Likes

Gencon attendees, 10 pm event is on 3rd floor of the Hyatt. Room Cosmopolitan A

5 Likes