Gomorra Jail: Having my cake and acing it too

Not sure if I am the only one trying to double dip but here is my question.
If an opposing wanted dude is discarded as a casualty can I use the Jail’s ability to give it a CP, then use the react ability on Justice in Exile/Darius Hellstromme to ace the dude in order to benefit from effects that trigger off dudes being aced (Mausoleum/Undertaker)?

Since these abilities are all reacts that have similar conditions the player would chose to use the abilities in this order:

• Opposing wanted dude is discarded to cover casualties
  • Gomorra Jail: “React, Boot: When another player’s wanted dude is discarded during high noon this deed gains +1 CP”
  • Justice in Exile (Darius has the same wording): “React, Boot: After an opposing wanted dude … leaves play during high noon, gain 2 ghost rock. If they were discarded, you may ace them instead
  • Mausoleum: “React, Boot: After a … dude is aced from play, this deed gains +1 CP”
2 Likes

That is triple-dipping.

2 Likes

Seen by RT and all dips under review!

Will edit if necessary (Most of team is away, but we have an initial consensus ); here we go:

-Jail is a WHEN react, while JIE/Hellstromme is AFTER. So you can react with jail, then also with JIE or Hellstromme. This is similar to the ruling regarding using it against Harrowed when they enter discard.

-Mausoleum states when aced from play. Since the card is out of play (in discard) when it’s being aced, you cannot react with Masoleum.

In short, you can double dip, not triple dip :slight_smile:

3 Likes