Gomorra Weekly #3

Actually we did an old fashioned audio cast. We recorded last night as circumstances prevented us from doing so Friday night. I’m editing it and posting it when I get off work tonight.

Alright, I am really interested in the new format of tournament.

I’ll give you a hot tip. There will be rounds before we move on to single elimination. But it won’t be swiss.

I’m so confused say “what” :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Group stage maybe? I would divide them eu/states then :slight_smile:

1 Like

Might be viable, depending on enrollment and will help with the scheduling problem.

Yep, this is exactly why I suggested it. I had problem scheduling three of my matches and I have to say that in two cases guys were really cooperative and it was still hard as hell to arrange the game.

< rant > Back on topic, what’s the deal with db0 and the rules team? IOUF has been fully spoiled and available on octgn for over a month now, but since then there’s been no uptades or bugfixes (unlike the netrunner plugin which gets updated regularly), there are currently 10+ open issues on github and 10+ unanswered rules questions on the forum. Did Doomtown become like a side project for them, are they currently focusing on something new and more interesting? < /rant >

1 Like

My Guess- The bug fixes are gonna come with the light shineth patch. Netrunner is also a much more used plugin. Doomtown has much more complex interactions than A:NR due to it’s turn structure and movement mechanics. (That’s not downplaying A:NR’s deoth at all, fyi.) The bugs may be easier to pin point.

We’re also in that post gencon lull. Rules team may be recovering and preparing an FAQ with things learned and rulings made.

GenCon? Alex, do you still have the christmas tree in your living room? :wink:

The Light Shineth is still a month away. Sad times have come to Gomorra, sad times indeed =_=

1 Like

Yes, but it’s because decorating with a dead tree is metal as hell. And there’s a lot to do for game companies to recover from the sales and such with an endeavor like GenCon. Also, working in a game store, I noticed EVERY community has a decrease in activity after GenCon. It’s part of seeing a ton of stuff super early then having to wait for wide release to catch up.

1 Like

I really don’t notice the rules thing I’m use to getting 3 FAQ’s per year and that’s it. This is the only game I have played that you can ask a question and get an answer pretty fast (from the rules team) compared to the other games I play. After Gencon or a big tourney season i take a mental break for a time after.

@mplain - hopefully this plays in Russia. But this is what your christmas tree comment reminded me of.

1 Like