Its on like some sort of donkey kong! More Doomtown incoming!

Just to throw a spanner in the works i refer to pinebox entertainment as PBE

2 Likes

I hope this means we’ll see Ivor Hawley’s true form as a character. I was annoyed that AEG never made the freaky demon form a character with a rather nasty effect.

Spoilers - Ivor totally did the demon thing. He and Tyx both.

I know that my avatar is his demon form I just wish he had an actual dude card as this freaky looking thing.

As a survivor of classic, the last thing Gomorra needs is Demons running around everywhere. Those cows are bad enough.

But I like my demons their great showstoppers.

I gotta get off my butt this time and buy Force, Light Shineth and Dirty Deeds so I can have cards I can use I got Foul Play for Tattooed Man and got Frontier for free from volunteering at a con so I got lots of cards can’t use

Just to be clear here. This announcement is twofold:

1. Doomtown Reloaded product is available cheap.
  2. Doomtown Reloaded will see new cards created by the fan project Pinebox.

Assuming this is correct, when can we expect the new content to hit the printers?

At least you’ll get a discount if you buy the old sets from Pinnacle’s site next week, plus makes everything easier to track down. :slight_smile:

Demons do make great showstoppers as you say, but at least you’ve got Ivor Hawley Exp, Tyxarglenak Exp, the Harvester, the Tattoed Man, Smiling Tom and a host of other characterful beasts to build flavourful decks to terrorise the town with. Feel free to make a thread here on post a deck to dtdb and link to it here if you want to bounce ideas round with other people!

Well, it looks like one of a guys on fb group is ITK and he said “I didn’t realize PEG was going to make the announcement this soon. The next set is gonna be so good.” The fragment “this soon” doesn’t sound promising.

I’m fairly certain the majority of ITK were completely aware the announcement was coming :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha, now you made me think it we won’t wait long. I have to stay away from DTR news till Tuesday I guess :slight_smile:

Pinebox isn’t just a fan project. It’s an official endeavor. A new company formed by people involved with Doomtown: Reloaded in some major or influential capacity. Including design. You’ll learn a bit more about us in the coming days. :wink:

1 Like

F***ing awesome!!!

Next Question.

Will the Pinebox folks be organizing Outlaw 2017?

Because I’d like to host one in Berkeley if that is definitely happening…

We are actively discussing what organized play looks like. Not much to confirm at this time other than we understand it’s importance.

@Alex Oh your a leader in Pine?

This is all very exciting! I’m gonna be cautiously optimistic (as is my wont) until I see something definitive, but as soon as there are new cards, I’ll be buying and playing the **** outta them.

3 Likes

Hey I own the rulebook that that card they showed is from (artwork anyway) Also I think I’ll wait till they come out to buy them stead of buying old AEG stuff it won’t do anything finiciacially to support DTR

I own that book too: “Stone and a Hard Place”. :slight_smile:

If you wait until Tuesday you’ll be able to buy old AEG sets from Pinnacle and support them in their efforts to continue the game. Sure they’ll appreciate your dollars/ghost Rock. I don’t know any particulars, but my assumption is that Pinnacle bought out the old inventory of Doomtown Reloaded sets from AEG - we can all help Pinnacle out by buying that inventory from them. Pinnacle’s website should be updated to sell Doomtown Reloaded from Tuesday according to the kickstarter announcement.

Despite AEG’s tenure ending, I still appreciate them for bringing the game back!

2 Likes

Sucks the circus faction is dead in Doomtown but they seem to be both reinviting game by keeping the original factions and still continuing plot so all cards are playable with new sets. I don’t mind out goes the Circus from Hell and now WEREWOLVES!!!

Side Note: That Ms Perfect looks like a homicidal evil psycho sadistic bitch. (literally)