New Pinebox Blog: Rules team in focus & deed preview

Good new blog on the Pinebox site, it has some discussion on how they go about making rulings and explains the thinking behind the Rico Rodegain/Auto Revolver/Undertake errata.

Other highlights:

• They’re serious about the tournament monitoring, very fine detail. They note only one match in Edinburgh’s recent sheriff went to time. Don’t be afraid of throwing up detail in your tournament reports here or on dtdb - these guys are paying attention. :+1:
  • They’re considering further errata: “One example [of a candidate for errata] is the 108 Worldly Desires outfit ability. We’ve gotten a lot of community feedback and are working on the best way to adjust any potential change to this card.” As someone who thinks the previous 108 Worldly Errata didn’t go far enough I’m in favour of this. Encouragingly, they note any errata will be thoroughly playtested.

http://pineboxentertainment.com/2017/04/15/hellstrommes-journal-2-the-pine-box-rules-team/

The new deed has efficient numbers (very welcome) and a good keyword: I’d play it even if I didn’t use horses/gadgets. I think this kind of economy upgrade is welcome as it helps the town grow and players get more dudes in to play to contest the town without being a 2GR for 1CP deeds that fuels slide. It is even better if you’re using horses/gadgets.

2 Likes

I’ll second that this deed is worth including in decks just for its production efficiency.

1 Like

I’ll use it gotta love Mystical Gadgets.

Also, on value for pull decks (gadgets) and DMH.
And some hella pissah cool art :smiley:

1 Like

immediately makes a spot for it in his gadget deck

3 Likes

Double use flamethrowers. Only for people with real stones.

4 Likes

Double use Asyncoil Gun when you’re running a normal amount of clubs :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lets not get crazy

1 Like

Obviously double Plasma Drill.

Only good out of Regulators though.

3 Likes

Joking aside, i think 2x Plasma Drill is the best use of this card.
Plus it is on value with This Is A Holdup! So maybe now my dreams of economic destruction decks can be achieved.

2 Likes

It also works well with A Slight Modification.

2 Likes

On the non gadget side getting a second use of La Quema is handy and its on value for dead mans hand.

2 Likes