New players on OCTGN

That’s a useful thing to have around. I’ve run through an offline game using the prebuilt Sloane & Law Dogs, so I now have some idea what I should be doing. If I’ve time tomorrow evening I’ll be up for some practice games.

Is there an active community on OCTGN? I’m trying to get into the game, but don’t have anyone to play IRL. What’s the best way for me to find a game with someone who’d be tolerant of a newbie?

Best way I’ve found is to host a game (or just log in and look for hosted games). There’s a few regulars and once you meet them, you can exchange contacts. Alternatively people around here might PM you :wink:

Great, thanks. I need to have a couple more reads through the rule book and familiarise myself with OCTGN a bit more first, but then, once I won’t be completely annoying to play, I’ll set something up. Cheers :smile:

I second the encouragement for playing OCTGN doomtown reloaded. There hasn’t been much going on with the Facebook Group, but I think that using the group would really help people connect. If you could add your OCTGN user id, it would really help. Lately I haven’t been able to play, just spectate because of family obligations.

One last quick question. Is a microphone/headset necessary to play. I’d guess using the chat window exclusively would slow things right down?

Headsets aren’t required, though some people really like having audio chat set up. Most games, there is little dialogue except for reminders when someone didn’t do something. I’ve had many games have practically no dialogue until after the game ended, since we were both so familiar with the key commands.

I thought I’d chime in as well. I’m fairly new to DT and just set up OCTGN this past weekend. I haven’t played any games online yet, but I’m definitely looking for people to play. If you don’t mind playing with a noob, let me know, so that we can exchange info.

I have Octgn installed on two PCs, my plan is to create a second account so I can play my two accounts against each other to learn the software. I should have some time next week. Then I can hit the mean streets of Gamorra as Athion in the new year.

You can play yourself with one account. Just launch the client twice and start an offline game.

I have just installed the client, got the game and the 4 image packs installed. I have never really used the client before, so a step by step tutorial would be great.

I found this really useful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A7QrUwRHxg