New Story (8/7) A Deal Re-Negotiated

How’s it more catastrophic than the “normal” wildlife they already deal with out in the Wierd West? You already got Maze Dragons and Mojave Rattlers and Tumblebleeds and Scarecrows and like eight different things that turn you into one of them if they bite you and chronologically-inaccurate Chupacabras. If all the mutant cattle ever made got out and started rampaging, they’d have to compete with all those things for space to rampage in and resources with which to rampage. There wouldn’t be much net change.

1 Like

Well, first of alll, because it will be your fault, not like all the abominations out there, and second, being a dangerous world/setting is not a reason to make it more dangerous on purpouse.

Also, if we look only into the DT:R storyline, which the weird in weird west hasn’t showed much yet, this is so far the worst. At least the Pagliaccios are funny :sweat_smile: .

2 Likes

In addition to the fact that feeding people demonic beef is only going to end badly, the other ‘wildlife’ isn’t kept on ranches close to human populations. The initial period of any escape and subsequent rampage would be all the worse for the poor folk of Gomorra.

While big things like Maze Dragons and Mojave Rattlers have become accepted as normal (but dangerous) wild animals that were discovered following the great quake of 1868 that destroyed the California coastline, most people in the Weird West aren’t aware of all the magic, abominations and general weirdness that’s going on. This is largely due to suppression of the existence of such things by The Agency & the Texas Rangers. If the secret of Morgan’s new breed gets out (and it looks like Max is trying to warn people) it won’t go down well for them – everyone’s favourite secret monster hunting organisations will want to shut their ranches down and destroy the new breed.

Morgan’s troubleshooters are going to be busy keeping prying eyes away, those Gomorra Gazette reporters better be careful…

2 Likes

I didn’t need the addendum. Just sayin’. :wink:

2 Likes

Your post makes me wonder how it could end well for Max… He might get a visit from one of MCC enforcer soon to prevent the secret from spreading…

1 Like

Then why feed them beef in the story? Surely it would make more sense
to “transform” the normal cow into a delicious lizard-demon cow, rather
than to slaughter it to feed another lizard-demon cow.

I think if you already have lots of cattle it’s more economic to make some of them into delicious horribly expensive (and generally horrible) demon cows and feed them with some of the “lesser” cattle, as Lillian states, instead of making all of them into demon cows with expensive ghost rock unable to sell them because they can’t be fed.
(they actually did or still do the same in real life, made the cattle go crazy too >.<)

For people craving wealth, power and innovation above all, i found their behaviour highly realistic in the story.

Going by what @db0 posted in the Max Baine spoiler thread, Jacqueline Isham is his bodyguard, so that suggests he’s aware of the possibility…

Oh, I didn’t take his comment as a story thing (but it worked mechanically as she just happens to be free with him).
But yeah, I love that idea! :slight_smile:

That was not a canon statement you know :wink: Only listen to the story team for story matters :wink:

:blush: Fair enough, but still, Max is no fool and a veteran of the way things work in Gomorra…

Max is a cool bean, but Lillian is both very smart & experienced and ruthless :wink:

4 Likes

Lillian XP 1 confirmed, you heard it here first, folks.

2 Likes

She can’t count though apparently :slight_smile:

There’s a reason why I used ‘&’ to signify the first two being part of the same clause :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah, I know. Just remember db0, your one of the guys we watch and listen to every word very, VERY carefully trying to glean insights and speculations of what’s to come design wise.

OH GOD THE TEMPLATING

1 Like