Coach Whip!= Coach Huip!
Circle M Ranch= Circle Mmmmmmmm, Ranch
Ezekiah Grimme= Grimey
Stevie Lyndon= Obama
Targeting a dude with Japser Stone= “Getting Stoned”

1 Like

Demon baby = I think we all know who that is

Demon Baby = Caretaker?

speaking of Caretaker, I always think of the sidekick in the Longest Yard :stuck_out_tongue:

The Gun.
Squeezy-squeeze.
MAXIMUM Bane.
Justice Hammer.
Box Boy.
Robot Legs.
Soup Cage.
Soup Blast.

I’m not explaining any of them.

4 Likes

You forgot the Ghostly Gnu.

1 Like

The Ghostly Gnu is by far my favourite of the Edinburgh originated nicknames. Pinebox have yet to acquiesce to my requests to make this a reality as an alt-art card. Playtest emails are answered promptly and helpfully, sure, sure. But do I get any response to my persistent requests for a Ghostly Gnu? No.

Even writing my letters in crayon, green ink and cutting out individual letters from newspapers to make my missive hasn’t worked… We could even follow it up with a “Gnuslinger” token card - surely a dream for the art commissioning team?

Poor old “Soup Blast” stems from an unfortunate typo in a text message and I think therefore spawned “Soup Cage” in turn.

I always think of “Bagboy” by the Pixies whenever “Box Boy” is mentioned. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGdSYPh5_BI Volunteering this at one playtest evening only prompted a unanimous condemnation of the later Pixies material. This may have been the first time the Edinburgh playtest gruop was united on any issue? :wink:

1 Like

I kinda want to take a cereal bath now.

That, and it made me think of this similar-ish set-up for a video with a very different song.

edit: Remember, folks: don’t bring a butter-knife to a gunfight with the messiah.

1 Like