Reloaded Boot Hill List (Story Spoilers!)

EDIT: I’ll keep updating this list as and when it’s needed.

With the Curtain Rises, things look like they’re about to kick off again in Gomorra. Chances are not everyone is going to make it through the coming events in one piece. Out of curiosity, I decided I’d take a look at which dudes are still live and kicking and which dudes have kicked the bucket to date. This has been compiled from memory with the odd check on when exactly something happened, but it’s entirely possible I’ve forgotten someone so do let me know if that’s the case.

My list is sorted by value as it’s based on one I made for a ‘Boot Hill’ event last year and I wanted to see which values had been hit badly. I’ve made a note of what killed each dude, and which pack the fiction was associated with. I’ve added one by faction below - it’s a dangerous life for the Law Dogs!

A
Jake Smiley: Poisoned with Hawley’s Rose and raised as a Pagliaccio - BM
Kyle Wagner: Eaten by Mutant Cattle - NTB
Philip Swinford: Captured by the Sloane Gang and shot by Sanford Taylor - FJ
Lawrence Blackwood: Hanged for murder - NTB
Philip Swinford: See above
QUATERMAN: Crushed by Tyxarglenak - TCR
Ramiro Mendoza: Eaten by Tumblebleeds - N@N)
Andreas Andregg: Ridden down by Alice Stowe - N@N
Elmore Rhine: Shot by random Sloaners - N@N
Slade Lighbody: Shot by Steven Wiles - N&N
Bobo: Set alight by Warren Graves - N@N
Makaio Kaleo Esq: Caught in crossfire - N@N
Wilber Crowley: Shot by Angelica Espinosa - EDS
Roderick Byre: Shot by Allie Hensman - EDS
Steven Wiles: Shot by the Ghostly Gun - N@N
Etilka Popescu (of The Flying Popescus): Blasted by Wendy Cheng’s shotgun - TCR
Angelica Espinosa: Fell to Abram Grothe’s sword when resisting arrest - N@N
Arvid Mardh: Head crushed by Bobo’s mallet - N@N
Gang Yi: Zombified by Ivor Hawley’s Festering Grasp and killed by Deborah West - TCR
Richard Slavin: Soul Blasted by Ivor Hawley - N@N
J
Q
K
Sheriff Dave Montreal: Killed in duel by Sloane - N@N

Deaths:

Drifter: 6
Jake Smiley, QUATERMAN, Ramiro Mendoza, Wilber Crowley, Roderick Byre, Steven Wiles
Law Dogs: 5
Philip Swinford, Andreas Andregg, Elmore Rhine, Gang Yi, Sheriff Dave Montreal
Sloane Gang: 3
Lawrence Blackwood, Makaio Kaleo Esq., Angelica Espinosa
Fourth Ring: 4
Slade Lighbody, Bobo, The Flying Popescus, Richard Slavin
Morgan Cattle Co.: 2
Kyle Wagner, Arvid Mardh
108 Righteous Bandits: 0
Eagle Wardens: 0

6 Likes

Jesus I didn’t realize how many more Law Dogs have eaten it compared to everyone else!

So the conclusion is that Morgan Cattle Co is well overdue for more dudes getting aced? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Whoa…let’s not be hasty here…

Though I suspect there will be a lot of death in the coming few fictions…

Did Gang Yi die with the fiction included with the TCR saddlebag?

2 Likes

Pleased to see the fatality count is high in Reloaded, Classic did a good job of killing characters too. Emphasised the high stakes and danger and led to interesting stories as secondary characters rose through the ranks or mourned friends/love interests and sought vengeance.

Time will tell as to whether or not Gang Yi’s 10 value protected him from Festering Grasp!

1 Like

Part of this was based on last years Marshall tourney at Gencon, so if you won you got to pick a character to vote to kill from the faction you played against. That tournament didn’t have a whole lot of Morgan decks, so it makes sense they were under-represented in the boot hill list.

Maybe, maybe not. He’s certainly in a bad place, if not killed by the Festering Grasp then very much at the mercy of the army of clowns and monsters that appeared at the end of the fiction. I certainly got the impression he wasn’t leaving that tent alive.

3 Likes

At some point I’ll go through all the fictions and add links to the relevant one for each dude.

2 Likes

Thank ya for puttin that together, pardner.

2 Likes

I can’t seem to edit the original post any more. This is going to need a few more names adding. Off the top of my head these dudes have also been sent to Boot Hill recently.

Andrew Burton - Torn apart by the Blighted
Jack O’Hara - Torn apart by the Blighted
Tommy Harden - Fell victim to the plague
Leonardo “Leon” Cavallo - Fell victim to the plague
Karl Odett - Killed by Xui Yin Chen while leading the siege of the orphanage
Erik Samson - Overwhelmed by Blighted while investigating an “Open Wound”
Rafi Hamid - Infected then killed as part of Nicodemus’ ritual to empower Tlaloc’s Furies.

1 Like

Is there some thought that Lucy and Sloan made it out. I thought as soon as Lucy ran out of shot, Sloan took aim at her, refused, and emptied her remanding round into the ceiling. Exit scene with the blighted being free to get them.

I think there’s still a chance for them. A lot of the stuff that’s happened in recent fictions all seems to be happening simultaneously so while the siege has been taking place the various other groups fighting back have begun to make their moves. I’m sure we’ll find out either way over the next few weeks.

An excellent, dramatic new story. Think I caught most of the fatalities, tried to strike the same descriptive tone as previous efforts.

Shizeng Lu - Neck broken by Ivor Hawley
Michael “The Badger” Dodge - Shot in the head by Pancho Castillo after being afflicted with an accelerated version of Ivor Hawley’s plague
William Specks - Smashed in to a building by the rampaging giant Tyxarglenak
Hupirika Sue - Disembowelled by Smiling Tom
Jackson Trouble - Crushed by a plague afflicted Michael “The Badger” Dodge’s powerfist
Smiling Tom - Pinned down by T’ou Chi Chow and tomahawked by Chief Stephen Seven-Eagles
The Tattooed Man - Soul Blasted by Maria Kingsford
Tyxarglenak - slain by the released spirit of Armitage the Damned, freed by a lucky slingshot from Drew, a schoolchild from the Jackelope Gang
Ivor Hawley - impaled on Evanor by Sheriff Abram Groethe while Chief Stephen Seven-Eagles applied Louis Pasteur’s counter-pathogen

A few more perish, trying to identify them:

• Fourth Ring dude with a poker (Funtime Freddy?)
  • Fourth Ring woman covered in scaly boils and puss

https://www.alderac.com/doomtown/2016/09/09/exeunt-omnes-showstopper-fiction/

2 Likes

They might just be a nameless clown (a Pagliaccio?) and Blighted. If they were anyone important they’d surely have been name-dropped. Funtime Freddy’s weapon was a mallet in the last fiction, so I don’t think poker clown is him.

1 Like

And just in case anyone’s confused, the Drew mentioned above is the one from the Jackalope Gang. Mr. Beauman would have used something more high-tech than a slingshot to take on Tyx!

1 Like

Good shout, I’ll edit the mention of Drew to clarify that when I get back to a desktop pc!

Not sure Jake Smiley and Quarterman should be on This list btw

Jake - we have alt art of him as a clown, and from the quote I don’t think he was good enough to be a Pag

Quarterman- non-unique- more can be built

1 Like

Another to add:

2 Benny McGill - Made the mistake of questioning the new Sloane - BMR

Once the Doomtown Archive is updated with all the fictions, I’ll get this all written up properly with links.

1 Like

I think this is now up to date, corrections welcome! Hope the Pinnacle/Pinebox era keeps traditions up by maintaining a high body count. There’s a fatality at every value bar 4, cap needs to be plugged. :wink:

Doomtown Reloaded Boot Hill List
Deaths by Value
A

• Jake Smiley: Poisoned with Hawley’s Rose and raised as a Pagliaccio – BM
  • Andrew Burton - Torn apart by the Blighted
  • William Specks - Smashed in to a building by the rampaging giant Tyxarglenak
  • Kyle Wagner: Eaten by Mutant Cattle - NTB
  • Philip Swinford: Captured by the Sloane Gang and shot by Sanford Taylor – FJ
  • Benny McGill - Made the mistake of questioning the new “Sloane” (Mario Crane) - BMR
  • Lawrence Blackwood: Hanged for murder - NTB
  • Philip Swinford (Experienced 1): Captured by the Sloane Gang and shot by Sanford Taylor - FJ
  • Tommy Harden - Fell victim to the plague
  • QUATERMAN: Crushed by Tyxarglenak - TCR
  • Ramiro Mendoza: Eaten by Tumblebleeds - N@N)
  • Andreas Andregg: Ridden down by Alice Stowe - N@N
  • Elmore Rhine: Shot by random Sloaners - N@N
  • Slade Lighbody: Shot by Steven Wiles - N&N
  • Karl Odett - Killed by Xui Yin Chen while leading the siege of the orphanage
  • Bobo: Set alight by Warren Graves - N@N
  • Makaio Kaleo Esq: Caught in crossfire - N@N
  • Wilber Crowley: Shot by Angelica Espinosa – EDS
  • Erik Samson - Overwhelmed by Blighted while investigating an “Open Wound”
  • Michael “The Badger” Dodge - Shot in the head by Pancho Castillo after being afflicted with an accelerated version of Ivor Hawley’s plague
  • Roderick Byre: Shot by Allie Hensman – EDS
  • Rafi Hamid - Infected then killed as part of Nicodemus’ ritual to empower Tlaloc’s Furies.
  • Shizeng Lu - Neck broken by Ivor Hawley
  • Leonardo “Leon” Cavallo - Fell victim to the plague
  • Jackson Trouble - Crushed by a plague afflicted Michael “The Badger” Dodge’s powerfist
  • Steven Wiles: Shot by the Ghostly Gun - N@N
  • Etilka Popescu (of The Flying Popescus): Blasted by Wendy Cheng’s shotgun – TCR
  • Hupirika Sue - Disembowelled by Smiling Tom
  • Angelica Espinosa: Fell to Abram Grothe’s sword when resisting arrest - N@N
  • Arvid Mardh: Head crushed by Bobo’s mallet - N@N
  • Gang Yi: Zombified by Ivor Hawley’s Festering Grasp and killed by Deborah West - TCR
  • Richard Slavin: Soul Blasted by Ivor Hawley - N@N
  • Jack O’Hara - Torn apart by the Blighted
  • The Tattooed Man - Soul Blasted by Maria Kingsford
    J
  • Tyxarglenak - slain by the released spirit of Armitage the Damned, freed by a lucky slingshot from Drew, a schoolchild from the Jackelope Gang
    Q
  • Smiling Tom - Pinned down by T’ou Chi Chow and tomahawked by Chief Stephen Seven-Eagles
    K
  • Sheriff Dave Montreal: Killed in duel by Sloane - N@N
  • Tyxarglenak (Experienced 1) - slain by the released spirit of Armitage the Damned, freed by a lucky slingshot from Drew, a schoolchild from the Jackelope Gang
  • Ivor Hawley - impaled on Evanor by Sheriff Abram Groethe while Chief Stephen Seven-Eagles applied Louis Pasteur’s counter-pathogen

Deaths by gang
Drifter: 6

• Jake Smiley, QUATERMAN, Ramiro Mendoza, Wilber Crowley, Roderick Byre, Steven Wiles
    Law Dogs: 9
  • Philip Swinford, Andreas Andregg, Elmore Rhine, Gang Yi, Sheriff Dave Montreal, Andrew Burton, Tommy Harden, Erik Samson, Rafi Hamid
    Sloane Gang: 5
  • Lawrence Blackwood, Makaio Kaleo Esq., Angelica Espinosa, Benny McGill, Jack O’Hara
    Fourth Ring: 10
  • Slade Lighbody, Bobo, The Flying Popescus, Richard Slavin, Karl Odett, Leonardo “Leon” Cavallo, The Tattooed Man, Tyxarglenak, Smiling Tom, Ivor Hawley
    Morgan Cattle Co.: 3
  • Kyle Wagner, Arvid Mardh, William Specks,
    108 Righteous Bandits: 2
  • Michael “The Badger” Dodge, Shizeng Lu
    Eagle Wardens: 2
  • Hupirika Sue, Jackson Trouble
5 Likes

I’m holding out hope on Erik Samson, since, if I remember correctly, it cuts to black as he goes into the ‘Open Wound’. The guy is a wrecking ball of holy might, and I could see him emerging covered in viscera, the way many characters return during a zombie attack do when the camera doesn’t actually show them being killed.

1 Like