Servitor Series Results: The Struggle to Corrupt or Save

Updated with the BD Cosmos event!

4 Likes

Somewhat Delayed Edinburgh Servitor Results & Votes-

Glorious triumph- @neramoor, Morgan Regulators. corrupt Kyle.
Glorious second- @forkbanger, Law Dogs, Which one is Drew Beauman, oh who cares corrupt him I guess.
Glorious third- @ijiasu, Fourth Ring (Sanitorium?), corrupt Valeria.
Glorious fourth- @Harlath, Fourth Ring, corrupt Valeria.
Glorious fifth- @Sauronsbeagle, Sloane Gang (Protection Racket?), save Maria .

2 Likes

Probably due to post-holiday scheduling issues, only two players were able to make it out to our final Servitor event (Shorewood, IL). All wasn’t lost, though; we did teach a new player the game! Time will tell if he wants to play more, but we can hope…

Anyway, both players opted to save Maria. (I will unashamedly admit that I swayed our normal Law Dogs player’s vote; it didn’t hurt that he doesn’t really see any hope for Drew…)

2 Likes

Updated with Edinburgh and Sherwood tallies

Week One Berkeley League:

Derek votes to Save Black Elk as he learns to play DTR using @Harlath’s pre-constructed decks (http://forums.pineboxentertainment.com/t/updated-buyers-guide-to-doomtown-reloaded-introductory-decks-for-2x-base-set-plus-expansion-decks/), choosing to play Eagle Wardens against Lawdogs (me).

Next, incredibly, he Challenges Tom’s Hellstromme deck - “Amazing Dead Horse” - opting to serve Raven using the same deck he learned to play with! Unfortunately, despite a clever ploy at catching Unprepared an Exoskeletal Regulatin’ Margaret Hagerty, Tom managed to pull Dead Man’s hand anyway with 6-redraw-1, crushing Derek’s only hope at monkey-wrenching a well-oiled competitive deck with a learner and tack-on Servitor deck.

Will Derek return after such a crushing defeat? Will more new players come see what all the buzz is about? Stay tuned until next week!

7 Likes

Poland results, all votes to save!

Decklists:
1st place - The Forth Ring: Deckbuilder ¡ DoomtownDB
2nd place - Morgan Regulators + Raven: Raven reg ¡ DoomtownDB
3rd place - The Gateway to Beyond: hex 2018 Szwagier ¡ DoomtownDB
4th place - The Sanatorium: York Servitor 2017 [Winner] ¡ DoomtownDB
5th place - Oddities of Nature: Tattooed ¡ DoomtownDB
6th place - Justice in Exile: Deckbuilder ¡ DoomtownDB

2 Likes

Thanks for the decklists, good to see what is being played plus some of my regular Edinburgh opponents will doubtless be flattered to see their decks showing up abroad.

Pleasing to see 4R high value hexes (with a few sensible low value hexes splashed in) can still win, have had evidence of this across tournaments post the Paralysis Mark errata. Now this deck type feels powerful but fair, vindicating the errata decision (which was made long before my time on playtest!).

Plus these votes may well be important in what is a very tight race for a lot of characters. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Deck that won was lead by my local friend, He was playing 4R since start of the game. Funny is that i demolished him during testing before event but at tourney we scored draw (1:1). Finally i finished last. :wink:

PS. LD deck is Swider’s idea. I exchanged maybe 3 or 4 cards.

5 Likes

Ha, I know the feeling. My 4R deck was testing very well too and then didn’t do so well in recent tournaments. Or as I’ve mentioned before, my humbling 3-0 loss with my Euros deck the weekend after the 2017 Euros, playing against fellow playtester @Ijiasu.

Congratulations to your friend - I think 4R is a faction where you can really build up your skill and familiarity/knowledge helps.

Updated with London Results; a Protection Racket win and a 2 vote lead on saves for Maria.

1 Like

Cheers! Now that all six dudes are going to be covered in fiction/cards the choices matters across the whole board, which means some of the tighter races are directly relevant rather than “what might have been”. :thumbsup:

I’m curious - what happens to the character in the rather unlikely event of a votes tie?

2 Likes

I will confer with Story Team :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Gameology, California results.

1st Patrick Fair/The Sloane Gang/Save
2nd Ryan Nash/The 4th Ring/Save
3rd Richard Carter/The 108 Righteous Bandits/Save
4th Tom Ramirez/The Sloane Gang/Save
5th Zac Selden/The Sanatorium/Corrupt
6th Martin GrayDesolation Row/Corrupt
7th William Segletes/Morgan Gadgetorium/Corrupt
8th Jimmy Campbell/Morgan Cattle Co./Save

Decklists to be added when players upload them.

3 Likes

Can’t forget a pic of our winner Patrick Fair and of Richard Carter all dressed up to kill!

5 Likes

Updated with Gameology results (as above) and Madison, WI, where a Law Dogs club flush hangin judge deck won!

2 Likes

This character will implode. :smiley:

1 Like

Updated with Halifax results, where Forcefield Gadget shenanigans won!

1 Like

Week Two Berkeley Servitor League: Uneventful.

Week Three: Stefan decided to Save Valeria as he dusted off his chaps and jumped back into relearning the game after picking up a Core set off ebay for 20 bucks (having sold off his original collection over a year ago), again pinning me as Lawdogs (people like to shoot Sheriffs out here) with his first go.

Then, in order to round out his collection of four alternate art Servitors, opted to play the European Playtest Morgan Deck serving Hellstrome challenging Tom and the 108 Bandits deck serving Raven. They both built up for a few turns, skirmishing lightly over deeds, until a stray Flamethrower sealed a third casualty for a shootout that went his way. Tom responded by playing Xui Yin Chen, and used movement shenanigans to bypass a townsquare Hell blockade, and outmaneuvered himself into re-balancing the scales. The final showdown happened at The Mayor’s Office, a “third deed” which are always a little less defensible, with Stefan calling the bluff and cheatin’ his way to a slim victory.

Will Stefan pick up a few more cheap ebay sets and return with his own constructed decks? Will Derek from week one saunter back into Gomorra? Will new tinhorns tumble across the fairway? Stay tuned for the fourth and final week of the Berkeley Servitor League!

4 Likes

Enjoying the photos and Berkeley league updates, fine stuff. :slight_smile:

Good to hear about people getting back in - think the Kickstarter takes late backers up until the end of February which will hopefully help people pick up product.

Votes real tight for the two Hucksters - I’m a fan of both characters betting a bit more story time, so feel reasonably hedged either way even if I voted to corrupt Valeria…

2 Likes