Servitor Series Results: The Struggle to Corrupt or Save

108 and the Wardens aren’t getting as much representation as the others. Guess I’ll go for one of them for the next series.

2 Likes

And the votes from Denmark goes to:

1st/ Benni, law dogs - corruption
2nd/ Daniel, 108 - corruption
3rd/ Michael, EW - corruption
4th/ Hans, 108 - corruption
5th/ Thomas, Morgan - save!

Thanks to everyone who came, especially the 2 Germans as always. A shame some regulars had messed up their calendars…

6 Likes

Results updated with Denmark and Berkeley

1 Like

Booted Dudes Servitor Series coverage episode??

6 Likes

Fourth and final week of Berkeley Servitor series:

Drew, who you may remember as the Santa Clara Sheriff whose “Turbo Doris” deck took the day, dusted of that deck and another, equally crazy, Mystical Brotherhood Bullet-Reductor, voted to Corrupt Valeria as we played a game what saw The Flying Popescus “corporeally” rack up 4 Control Points (thats two each for you varmints can’t count siblings) only to fall to a top-deck 4-of-a-kind pulled by Willa in a fight she didn’t start but which he couldn’t punish. Afterwards, we traded games with the insanity that is his 7 CP on turn 1 Whateley-Powell Power Couple.

Stefan, from week 3, came by on Monday with a new deck EW he made, and after a few games, we concluded with a conversation about how to build a deck. I advised him to choose a Home, a Starting Posse, and to build a 3-value deck around those cards, with between 4-8 cards off-structure. I’m curious to see what he comes up with…

Derek returned, and challenged Tom in a game I didn’t see using an Eagle Warden deck I built that runs like a better version of the European Playtest deck he learned on. Wanted to bring him up to Tom’s level - I think Tom won both games - but it sounded like it may have been close at key points from the expletives hurled by both posses.

This was all preceded on Tuesday by a 4-Player 4-Servitor (All European Playtest Decks with Tack-ons: Sloane+Stone, 108+Raven, Morgan+Hellstromme, 4R+Grimme) game that we didn’t finish but somehow decided to use as a platform to teach a Yugi-Oh player, whose name I didn’t get, and who ended up walking away: Perhaps it was all too much? On hindsight, I’m not sure this is the best way to introduce this game… And it probably didn’t help that Tom kept Kidnapping his dudes!

Either way, I’m glad that’s done, and looks as though our playgroup has grown some, so I just wanted to chime in and say thanks to the folks who came out, and to Pinebox for providing me with cool swag to hand out.

Those who are still tuning into Berkeley, we will continue with a Casual Monday nights at Eudemonia and mayhaps a return of OP Kit Tournaments to buy out the remaining stock of Games of Berkeley on First Saturdays starting in March.

Cheers.

4 Likes

These are the best games of Doomtown - close matches that fun for a decent length of time with moments of drama/frustration on both sides. :slight_smile: I think your advice on how to build a deck is an excellent starting point.

I learned old L5R playing giant multilplayer games in Glasgow, but that was a different age and I have peculiar tastes so I suspect you’re right that inducting people via multiplayer isn’t the best route!

Glad Servitor Series went well in Berkeley and that it helped grow the community. Things are looking up with the Kickstarter and organised play, although I’ll miss these entertaining reports.

1 Like