Sheriff Eli and Empty Posse

Continuing the discussion from Sheriff Eli Waters - Moving from a posse:

Thanks for the answer! I’m wondering though, why would the shootout continue in this case?
Is it because Eli’s posse was empty before Resolution effects were played, since traits would resolve before Resolution abilities?
Or is it because he wasn’t aced, discarded, or sent home?

I’m looking at the updated rules and I see this clause:

If, due to the use of Resolution abilities, one player loses all the dudes in their posse (i.e. the posse is aced, discarded, or sent home), the shootout immediately ends;

So if Eli was the only dude in his posse, the shootout wouldn’t end as it was emptied in a means other than through a Resolution ability?

1 Like

We are checking this out and will get back to you. The sheriff has made us notice some other wording we must look into.

1 Like

Thanks for the question, @soulblight

We had to do a rules reversal regarding Eli Waters.

Going forward, this is the standing ruling, which will get included in the rulebook.

If a dude in a posse moves away from the location of a shootout, or moves home, that dude automatically leaves their posse.

To your question though, if Eli uses the trait and moves away from the shootout, he leaves the posse. If he was the only one there, the shootout will immediately end. Bear in mind, we do have this in the rulebook already under “Shootout/Make Plays”

3 Likes