Sheriff Event: York UK 11th September 2016

The details are on the event page on Facebook. If you’re not Facebook-inclined but are interested in more details, let me know.

EDIT: Updated with a link to the new event page.

1 Like

Thanks! I’m not on Facebook so I miss these announcements. Hopefully AEG or someone else will put up an event list.

Will try to make a few sheriff events as I’ll miss my “home” one in Edinburgh due to a blasted multi day wedding in Germany. Not match for a weekend of Doomtown. :smiley: Edinburgh one is the 25th of September I think.

3 Likes

There’s a chance this might not be happening as the shop hasn’t received enough interest :frowning:

Rats! Is there somewhere online I can order a ticket? Or best just to drop them an email? Will be checking how much of the Edinburgh group can make it down when I see them this weekend.

The shop has pulled out, but I’ve acquired their kit and will be organising an event in its stead. I’ll keep things updated here and on the Facebook group.

2 Likes

Thanks for stepping in to the breach! I’ll do my best to attend and drag as much of the Edinburgh playgroup with me as possible, provided I’m free when it occurs. :smiley:

1 Like

Okay, I’ve got a room booked on the 11th September. I’ve updated the Facebook link in the original post. If you can’t see that, then it’ll be in Room G/020 of James College at the University of York. I’m looking to open registration at 10:00 and start the first round at 11:00. Tickets will be £10. Feel free to ask any questions here or via PM.

1 Like

Cheers (particularly as I can’t see the Facebook details), will see who I can recruit!

Trains permitting, at least two of us from Edinburgh will be along.

I have a spare Lane Healey mat if anyone has a spare Jackson’s Strike or Quaterman mat to trade! Let me know if you’re interested and I’ll pack it. :smiley:

1 Like

I will have a word around the hudds guys and see if anyone has a spare of either of those mats

1 Like

18 players! Not bad for an event that would have been cancelled if Doomdog hadn’t stepped in. He ran a fine event and generously donated extra prizes before stylishly making the top four and dropping out as host.

2 Likes

Doomdog is a legend in the Uk community, I doubt there is a more commited Doomie out there.

3 Likes

I’ve finally got round to writing up a report of my games. It and my decklist can be found here.

1 Like

Jimi May and Whizwang can give anyone a run for their quid when it comes to UK Doomtown passion. @scottw yer no slouch yerself in terms of Doomtown commitment :smiley:
But glad to see the UK Meta standing strong in the face of adversity.

2 Likes