State of Gadgets

If I had to run a Zoe deck tomorrow I’d run 4/6/7.

Probably this: Zo me the weapons! · DoomtownDB

If Drew were a MS:2 he’d compete with Ol’ Fashioned Hangin’ as my favorite card. I was massively disappointed that he wasn’t, TBH. I feel like the major thing holding back The Arsenal right now is the lack of a startable MS:2. It hampers deck building much more than one might think.

Notably:
1.) You can’t include 3’s, which are amazeballs, in a deck built primarily on Difficulty 5 pulls (QUATERMAN, Telepathy Helmet, Holy Wheel Gun, Recursive Motion Machine, Force Field, and Mechanical Horse being prime candidates) without risking failure regardless of your inventor. And failing a MS pull is the worst skill check to fail. Zoe doesn’t really help here as she only affect 1 of the 6 gadgets you’d be gunning for.
2.) You can’t include Flamethrowers, one of the best gadgets available, while also running 6’s which are almost a must-have for LD science with the current card pool (HWG, Mortimer, and FotD). Again, unless you want to risk very painful skill check failures. Zoe actually can remedy this, but I still think it’s a poor tradeoff for the reasons I discussed above.

If Drew were a MS:2 I think a 3/6/8draw structure would have been competitive for awhile now.

4 Likes