Stumbling into Marshall - GenCon 2017 - Tournament Report

That was thoughtful as I didn’t know it even existed! They’re only tokens, plus I now have a burning incentive to earn a new Carter token.

Should probably get a cream for that…

1 Like

I have an extra - I can send your way. Still have your Gunslinger?
\

1 Like

Yes! It went in a box, thanks for checking.

I’ll try to claim another next year, don’t want to inconvenience you and rewards my forgetfulness/partying (particularly as Mr Orange puts my partying to shame anyway). Appreciate you offering!

A special Kickstarter miracle has happened.

I found my poker chip from @RichCarter, which I must have stored separately. Other (lesser) tokens replenished from my stash at home. Great week or greatest week?

4 Likes

Shame on me for not reading this great report sooner!
But it also makes me ponder… how shooty does a deck need be, to not be deemed a slide deck? Reading this report, it seems very shooty. Like, looking for trouble, shooty :wink:

I think ‘Shooty Slide’ was a tricky name for it. Pretty sure it’s not a Slide deck at all, just disguises itself as one. Richard Carter, you sly devil you

1 Like

It is a touch heavy on the deeds, but it seems like most of the way it wins is through smart chess play, drawing opponents into very bad shootouts that they have to enter into out of desperation and necessity. That is when they end up with dudes booted at home from pistol whip, or discarded from taking a TYWM casualty or from a decent shootout hand that ties or wins, since it does have a half decent draw structure. It’s just smart use of what works in doomtown, Influence, control, positioning.

4 Likes

‘smart chess play’ - a Carter staple for a while - the Maze Rates are the 108’s kindred brethren:

http://gamesmeister.com/doomtown/viewtopic.php?t=218