The Unplayables

A million times yes

2 Likes

I have tried Allie XP + Shiny Things, ever since you mentioned it in a post perhaps 1 or 2 years ago. It has consistently been Desolation Row starting her, John Aces, Willa, plus two other 1/0 INF/UPK dudes, and consistently been a standard three-value deck using 4ā€™s and 5ā€™s (for Pistol Whip), plus at times Js, 8s, or 6s. Hucksters (and Hexes) have gone in and out at times.

Itā€™s definitely pretty janky!

3 Likes

Erin Bright with Confession thoā€¦thatā€™s a lot of bounty for Eli Waters or Elmore Rhine to feed off.

Anyone tried using Harry Highbinder (as a transient) to attach Totems to Town Square?

2 Likes

I totally understand people not playing Elmore. Because of his upkeep and cost, heā€™s really not startable. Very often heā€™s not worth playing, to barely worth playing because there isnā€™t much bounty on opponents dudes. He does nothing for you in taking back deeds and earning the bounty by taking out opponents wanted dudes. He can be really great economy, but itā€™s pretty rare that happensā€¦

Except, there is one deck. A deck that makes the very rare situation making him great very common. Blessed Dogs Slide. Confession and Amazing grace make miracles worth playing with slide. Say you pump up a dudes bounty with a Confession and Outfit Ability, getting their bounty to, say, 3. If you have the GR to play him, he can then boot to gain back 3, meaning he cost you 3 GR for a 3 influence dude who is effectively +1 production, and his ability can keep scaling upward, which is a dream come true for a slide deck.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve played against this deck, and itā€™s quite solid. You go from having dudes on their deeds to deny their income, to taking them off because the bounty on your dudes is more than the income theyā€™d deny. To eventually you have to put them back on their deeds to stop the CP rush, and by then it may be too late.

2 Likes

Iā€™d argue that Benny McGillā€™s callout can be strong enough to splash off-value (heck, you can even Blood Curse him to get around the bullet restriction).

As for Richard Slavinā€¦seems like a Bayou Vermilion slide deck could get reasonable mileage out of him to fetch Chasubles, Idols and whatnot?

4 Likes

Iā€™m going to stick up for Benny too - he was in my first sheriff winning deck at a decent sized event: Des Row Hucksters, Huddersfield Sheriff Winner Ā· DoomtownDB. Very different environment (pre the very welcome paralysis mark errata) but his forced callout and Huckster 1 rating were both vital to the deck. These might mean he still sometimes has a place in the current environment too.

Good topic idea, will try to find time to add fuller thoughts at some point. Thanks to previous designer @db0 for weighing in! :thumbsup:

2 Likes

I have never seen anyone use mutant cattle .pretty sure it should be on this list .

3 Likes