Unexpected use of cards

“There is an article called “Slippery when Wet” floating around here that gives pretty solid advice…”

I’ve read it. I stand by my assertion that absent targeted kill cards, a shooty deck had major, major problems against a well piloted slide deck. The addition of protection racket and Morgan regulators makes that less true, but it still holds to some extent.

Shooty slide, on the other hand, is able to just straight up ignore Regulator’s ability when it needs/wants to, and can fight off the targeted kill. It also isn’t impacted by any of the nerfs/errata.

Please don’t take this the wrong way, but I believe if a deck is able to play tons of deeds, and wins or weathers shootouts it deserves to win.

I don’t know if that is addressed at me, or not, but I agree. See: Shooty Slide · DoomtownDB

That deck absolutely deserves to win. But, it’s also an overpowered deck. It’s too easy to win shootouts, with a structure that is not so great. It has the added benefit of, if your opponent is not prepared for slide, auto-winning by just playing the standard “stay at home and play deeds and dudes” slide game.

1 Like