Frontier Justice Set Review

My problem with Fancy New Hat is simply that it is a King value. Kings are currently pretty hard to build around, meaning the Hat competes for off-value slots a lot of the time.

It is a good card though, I just find it will be hard to make room for it in many decks.

To me it is going to be meta defining. If people in your group are punishing your decks with influence penalties, it is something to put in. If not it is kind of worthless.

To me, the Recursive Motion Machine is very nice, the trait on this card is very cool: You may use ghost rock on this card to pay for abilities on Gadgets at this location. So, that means you have a little James Ghetty in this card, and you cand spend the ghost rock anywhere in that location! It is no necessary than the gadget are participating in a shootout! It works with Flame Thrower, Force Field, Telapaty Helmet, Mechanical horse, Plasma Drill, Teleportation Device, Ballot Counter and also for paying the cost of the abominations with the Clown Carriage. I see this card very nice… Maybe is difficult to play with a deck based on quatermans, because of the difficulty for invent… but maybe you can only have 2 in your deck, so you can control (more or less) your pulls…

I like it!

I think it’s a huge boon for LD Science in particular, who are significantly more GR-constrained in general than MCC.

My favorite aspect of the card though is that it’s a support card to support a basic tenant of that mechanic. We’re almost guaranteed to see ghost rock fueled gadgets well into the future, so this card should remain relevant for a long time hopefully.

2 Likes

It is mostly that it takes the same place as HWG that is the challenge for me. I grant that it does seem as a useful device - however you need to be playing for the long game to be really using it I think. Personal feelings aside I might move it up a category. I would like to see other mechanical gadget funkiness make use of its ability to reduce upkeep.

@Darguth I am not sure I agree on the boon for LD science - I was actually thinking that HWG is one of the best gadgets for LD - which makes it an issue as RMM takes the same spot.

All that said I do concede that this gadgets importance will grow in the future.

I pack Raising Hell in OoN. He’s the second type for me. I search out my two low value hexes, Puppet and Soul Blast. Give my opponent a tough early game choice. While improving my Draw/Pull Structure.

1 Like

Good plan is to ace Soul Blast, force you to waste 5 ghost rocks at start. Control your huckster with Paralisys Mark, Phantasm.

Yeah, when presented with this kind of choice, I let them pay 2 for puppet and watch them struggle financially from the start. I can still play around Puppet, especially if I get BH or Kidnappin’

Soul Blast or Fetch is where it’s at. Either I can capitalize on your first cheatin’, or I got early aggro protection. Both suit me fine :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Or you don’t get anything useful because I don’t cheat on that first lowball. That’s been my experience with people acing Freddy for Fetch so far. :wink:

Well, good thing then that Fetch is free and stays around for more than the first lowball :wink:

You just paid 3 gr for it…

I paid 3 GR for the consistency of getting it first turn. Totally worth it!

1 Like

The reviews isn’t working? Or would you want something else to exist?

I am going to open a thread for dtdb discussion…

I’ve also probably given it to mangwau or micah, so if you’re not a cheating deck , I have stripped an off value card from my deck, increasing my own shootout consistency and also powered up one of my guys.

1 Like

Is anyone still starting Mongwau? With all the new cheap no-upkeep stud hucksters around?

I honestly have a hard time doing so. I catch myself starting Ivor a lot more lately, and I’m not 100% sure why. I have no complaints when doing so- he’s a tough sunuva-bitch. It just seems weird to start him.

Oh yeah, or Ivor, please give me that 0 cost card I can give to Ivor and trigger his trait immediately, thankyouverymuch

1 Like

That’s certainly a fair analysis. The way I look at it is that I’m sure something else will eventually compete with HWG for LD Science Shooter decks on another value. It’s much less likely for something to directly compete with the RMM.

In any case, 6’s are awesome for LD Science :grinning:

1 Like