1 Core + Faith and Fear = 4 Decks Challenge

I have one core set and the Faith and Fear box. I know everyone is going to say to just get this certain saddlebag for this card. But I’m not that invested in the game yet and spend money on other games too. So the challenge is to create 4 decks, one for each faction, from just those 2 sets. I know this is ridiculous and more experienced players will hate this question. But still, this I’d what I’m trying to do.

1 Like

This is actually a pretty interesting challenge. I’m gonna ponder it a bit.

@DarthXodius have you built the pre-cons out of the core box? If your wanting to build 4 decks then start with those. I know you said you didn’t want to buy saddle bags I would recommend buying another core for a playtest. I would go to dtdb]1 and select f&f and core and toy around with deckbuiding.

I built the sample decks when got the core. Then got faith and fear and tried to create new ones. But with more options it’s harder to pick the right draw structures. I want more than I can use efficiently in a deck. So I need to pick a specific theme. Blessed law dogs, hex 4th ring, mad scientist Morgan cattle company, and I guess aggro sloane gang. I’d rather not get a 2nd core if possible. There’s more than enough cards to substitute.

A really fun deck with law dogs blessed is inbody wendy starting with some 2 influence dudes. using k, 10, 8, for your structure. Its Kings being good stiff drink and point blank. I call it super wendy.

2 Likes

I’m trying a similar challenge but I have a little more to work with.
I’ve ordered 2 mass drops (So I’ll have 2 playsets of everything before the Pinebox) but I also have 2 core sets already as well as Faith and Fear and Frontier justice.

I haven’t played a full game yet (I’ve played the solo Wyatt variant like 100 times though)
but I want to have some decent decks to start with to fully show off the game before I get the massdrop stuff.

so far I’ve been able to make 3 decks pretty well showing off different aspects of the game.
Law dogs Legal - Keeping you Legal · DoomtownDB
Sloane straight flush - Sloane Gang (Straight Flush 3-7's) · DoomtownDB -
4th ring Hex deck -(can’t give a third link because I’m new but 4r-point-blank-hex-slingin is the name

With my leftover cards I’m struggling to make a morgan deck though. Landslide seems like an obvious pick but Ive used up some of the cards I think would make it work best (pistol whip, steven wiles, coachwhip, etc) because I’ve used them in other decks. I could still just pack a ton of deeds without supporting stalling cards I suppose.

So far I’ve been playing with a straight up 3x16 (5,6,9) using some horse stuff and a couple of gadgets just to show off how they work, and to introduce the 3x16 draw structure.

Do you have a link to more information on this Wyatt character?

My post is kind of irrelevant now as the massdrop came a week earlier than I expected so I have a much bigger cardset to work with. Still not sure what decks to create that show off each factions flavor and would work to teach without overwhelming new players, while still only using 2 playsets for all 4 decks.

As far as the wyatt variant, its not my own but here is a link from the creator

1 Like

Looks interesting, thanks for the tip.
Enjoy your plethora of cards. I saw some teaching decks recently on dtdb if you’re looking for inspiration -
http://dtdb.co/en/decklist/947/1-core-law-dogs-teaching-
http://dtdb.co/en/decklist/948/1-core-sloane-teaching