4th OCTGN DtR League

It is irrelevant, as they changed the rules on purpose. We are discussing the official rules here and it turns out mine ( and few other players) interpretation of the rules was wrong.

Personally I like this way better as well since it makes it slightly harder for slide and fortress type decks. Unless a majority of folks want it a different way, I think it makes sense to go with the normal tournament rules.

2 Likes

Jayjester - I’m callin you out! Last league you called me out, but I think we both had too many before-noon whiskeys at Charlie’s Place because we couldn’t find each other in the town square to settle things. This time, it’s on!

1 Like

Somewhere out there Pr0digy, there’s a bullet with your name on it, and I’m bettin’ I’m the one carrying it.

1 Like

Yer a funny feller - guess that name suits ya well. We’ll see who’s laughin’ come high noon next Friday… (or, you know, whenever the hell we can get our schedules to match up :slight_smile: )

I just hope I will be able to avoid Khudzlin, his deck gives me nightmares. I actually think that I will be forced to use slide against him.

2 Likes

Beating his kung-fu deck is easy with the right deck.
Tight structure, lots of small studs and pinned down for Bai Yang
The last thing you want is relying on one big shooter dude .

It might be my luck, but he seems to always be able to kick out or turn into draws at least two of my dudes even on turn one. Later on it is even worse.
Tbh, I really like his deck and I actually think it is my " favourite" deck ever I played against (I rate very highly how well it is build and how good synergy between the cards he uses is),but at the same time I don’t like how you “have to” play against it, especially the fact that a big, turn one shootout is the best way to counter it ( before he gets 8 cards and starts cycling).

I guess if you can’t shoot asap, don’t shoot at all against aggro kung-fu.

I also had moderate success against him with the PTPT deck.
If you get your PTPT set-up you just win every godamn shootout (and besides, you never cheat).

This is why I intend to play slide or my new control deck against it :).

What are peoples thoughts on The Showstopper being allowed if db0 isn’t able to get it on OCTGN before the league starts? I figured since it’s tourney legal, we should make it available in the league.

We would have to use proxies, clearly stated before the match starts as to which proxy card = which Showstopper card.

I don’t mind if other people play with them.

I will probably exclude them from my decks in order to keep it a little easier on myself. But if people feel comfortable playing with proxies, then they should definitely be able to play with tourney legal cards.

2 Likes

Not very many responses about the Showstopper question… do we leave it as an issue to be decided between the 2 players prior to playing? If one player isn’t comfortable with proxies, then Showstopper is not allowed?

I’d agree with that idea

Sorry if this sounds like I’m a jerk. If showstopper isn’t ready, I won’t be playing showstopper, unless my opponent wants to proxy. Then I’ll switch to my showstopper deck, which I don’t think they’ll want.

I’m making a deck with 4xambush, 4xold fashioned hanging, and 4xkidnappin that also starts out the exp judge. I’m ready for you, jayjester!!!

I have two decks ready that I wouldn’t like to play against myself :), I just hope they are at least decent as I didn’t test them.

1 Like

Since the replies were pretty mixed, we’ll have to go this route:

The Showstopper, using proxies, will only be allowed if both players explicitly agree before the match starts. If nothing is said either way, the default will be assumed that Showstopper is not allowed. If the set becomes added to the OCTGN client, it will be immediately legal for our league.

1 Like

Happy League day, everyone! I’ll repeat what I said in the OCTGN League FB page: do well, learn from mistakes, and most importantly - have fun!

2 Likes

Showstopper has been added to the client, and is now legal for all league games. Hooray!

2 Likes