4th OCTGN DtR League

Platypus fixed the problem few hours ago, all of the cards load properly now.

2 full weekends left in the league, and so far we have:

-18 active players out of 21 signed up (very happy about that!)
-63 games have been played the last 2 weeks (plus a few days)
-overall it looks like 108 WD is the most common outfit played, but not by much as the variety of decks from the comments view is pretty impressive

There is still plenty of time to sign up and play if you are interested.

1 Like

We are on the home stretch! One last week, including this weekend, to go.

I will be around this weekend at the very least to give some folks a chance to knock me down (and bump up themselves). Seems like lately the only folks I’ve seen online are the ones I’ve already done my 2 games against, so hopefully this weekend I can run into some other dudes.

Top 4 results are in! Very close among the top 5, with Khudzlin kicking my ass last night to bump Swider to spot #5 and himself into the top 4.

1. Mplain
  2. Prodigy
  3. Khudzlin
  4. Csonti

We have 2 weeks to schedule matches:
Mplain vs Csonti
Prodigy vs Khudzlin

Good luck, folks!

3 Likes

What I liked the most about this league is the fact that we had very few non-participating players, only 3 out of 21 didn’t play any games and also average games per player was also a high number: 10 players played more than 10 games, 4 out of 18 played less than 5.

Good luck to everyone who qualified to semi finals.

5 Likes

Couple of things

1. For anyone interested the finals between mplain and I will be this Saturday at 1:30pm Central, 7:30pm GMT+1, 9:30pm GMT+3 Moscow (mplains) time. (please double check my times, guys - I screwed up the conversion with the first game with Khudz…)

2. I was trying to figure out the best way to handle prizes, and I think it will be easiest if I type up a quick list and then everyone sends me their preference on what promos they want, ordered from most desired to least desired. That’ll be a lot easier than emailing/messaging each individual person for each round of picks. I’ll get working on that list and have it done by the time the finals are complete. Anyone who met the minimum of 5 games will get to partake.

The final starts in about 20 minutes, I am going to stream it on my twitch channel and later will upload it on my youtube channel too.

Guys played two games today , both can be watched on my channel, make sure you have a plenty of time as both are long , especially the second one.

3 Likes

@swider Thanks once more for streaming these games! It’s a great service to the game’s legacy and community.

1 Like

No problem :). Also towards the end of game two I was really tired and was just hoping the game ends soon, I could barely talk and wasn’t focused at all. It was 2 hours long game ( including first game it was 3, 5 hours of constant streaming for me), but it had an epic ending.

1 Like

You can watch game one and two of the final on my twitch channel: Twitch or here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3t4X2T_ndxrVslMJL4GyNw .At the beginning of game one I incorectly call it a semi final.

2 Likes

For those interested - the final match, game 3, of the finals will be this Saturday at 3:30pm Central time, 9:30 London time, 11:30 Moscow time.

Both games have been pretty close, with a lot of back and forth, so this last one is sure to not disappoint!

2 Likes

Prizes! League is almost over, and its time for the phat loot! Everyone on this list, please private message me, ordering the below cards from most to least preferred. Everyone should get at least one, and likely 2 or more, depending on how many get back to me. Also the top 4 and CBiscuit will have some extra options for prizes.

mplain
Khudzlin
Csonti
swider
jayjester
madhatter152
lambretta
discojedi10
Antaiseito
serenity447
shekky_ducky
erdosain81
CBiscuit

Order this list of promos:

faster on the draw
walk the path
yagns
a fight they’ll never forget
coachwhip
kidnappin
this’ll hrrt
unprepared
jake smileys
full art jackies
its not what you know

(most of these are 1 or 2 of’s, with full art jackies being the exception)

Once again, I am going to try to record games.

The 4th OCTGN league is officially over - thank you to everyone who participated! Despite everything going on with the game, we had good attendance and lots of games played.

For those who want to see the last game, check out swiders youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqhzy5N5-XI

Put on your favorite tunes and crank it to x2 speed, as it is a very long game and has no sound. It is unfortunately missing the last couple of minutes, but I will spoil below the results, so avoid the spoiler below if you don’t want to know.

I very much look forward to the next league, when we’ll have the full, final “official” doomtown set available. I can foresee future leagues that will be using the new Harrowed cards as well, so I hope to see you guys in the leagues to come!

*********** Spoiler **************
So after a ton of back and forth, I was barely able to best mplain in the final game. I’m not sure I’ve ever been in so many round of shootouts in one game! It was an honor to play against such a strong opponent, strong deck, and a player who is always gracious, both in victory and defeat.

1 Like

I want to say that this league was for me the most interesting one so far. I feel like both semi finals and a final were really close and the league could have been won by any of the top four players.

Secondly I want to apologise for a few minutes that are missing at the end of a video, I really don’t know if it was a glitch or me pressing the wrong button at the end, the game lasted 3,5 hours and I was very tired at the end of it, also it was very late ( past midnight my time) and past 2 a.m. for mplain - btw kudos to him for playing at a very good level at such a late time of a day ( actually night) especially that a game was super long.

If anybody decides to watch game 3, the first 90 minutes of it are especially interesting and entertaining. I think that both players and both decks perform really well, then the game slows down a bit ( both players still play really well), but the game clock doesn’t go forward quickly enough. While the video ends before the game is decided I think it is easy to say who is going to win the whole thing, I also left a “hint” in a description of the video who is a winner without saying it directly so I do not spoil anything for anyone.

I am definatelly going to participate in the next one, hopefully we will get even greater number of players.

1 Like

Re: Prizes!

I’ll give folks another week or so to respond, then I’ll be sending out the goodies.

Also - I had a couple of folks ask about the ‘Doomtown on OCTGN’ t-shirts, and if anyone is interested I can make some more. I’m looking for $20 + shipping (also they aren’t the cheapo cardboard feeling ones… they are quite comfortable). Let me know if you’d like one, as I’m going to do a batch of em soon.