Abominations deck

Hey folks,

I’m in the process of building an abomination deck. It’d be Fearmongers (since they have the most abominations), but I was thinking of giving it a little bit of mad science too. Ideally, every dude would have 2 of either abomination, huckster or mad science, or at least be an abomination. The purpose of huckster would mostly be just to bring abominations into play.

I am pondering having a number of different jobs (but perhaps that’s better in a different deck - I don’t want to spread my themes out too far), and certainly many ways to bring the abominations back into play - whether it’s through cards that can ace my cards, and then bring back aced cards, deck recycling, etc.

Does anyone have any thoughts on some things to consider? I’ve played around a dozen games so far, but only with my Sloane huckster deck.

Regards,
Bojangles

Perhaps we can get the author to chime in but this was something I looked at recently that seemed like a lot of fun and might hit on what you’re trying to do:

https://dtdb.co/en/decklist/3052/the-wretched-ride

Thanks for that. I’ll have a proper look at it shortly. Just sorting my card collection into folders as we speak, and can then start to brainstorm a little with the cards soon.

2 Likes

I’m thinking now of trying to make it a massed horde deck, in the order of around 20 dudes to just try and swamp opponents, with a lot of recursion and some gadgets and mystical goods.

Aboms with lots of dudes is always fun and I expect you’re already running K for Ivor Xp. I would imagine that the gadget part could quickly turn into a gimmick thing in a deck like this, but maybe not?

Anyways, 8s will still be good for Horace and Wretched has merit when you have a lot of expendable dudes. Then a few Soul Cages will probably go a long way unless Ivor can keep up recurring dudes alone… I would aim for a starting posse with either high starting cash or 0 upkeep as economy is often key when playing “dude swarm”.

Don’t forget to identify your win condition. Do you have many deeds and/or ways to generate CP or a way to force shootouts to seal the victory?

Thanks for that! I’m wracking my brain with my cards as we speak (I bought the entire set, so it’s a lot… :rofl::rofl::rofl:). Yeah, I’m definitely thinking K and 8 for those same reasons. Don’t have a win condition as such. I’m probably going to have Oddities as my outfit, so get massed amounts of bonus influence, and hope to prolong the opponent getting enough CP to win. But yeah, still need a way to actually get CP. Probably swarm their good deeds…

A possibly janky idea: Run (the on-value) Election Day Slaughter with an expendable dude, if anyone blocks it they get jumped by the rest of your Town Square campers?

Here’s my feedback deck. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

Abominable horde, test phase · DoomtownDB

Thanks for that. Yes, Election Day Slaughter does look like a very nice card in this deck! :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for your suggestions! :slight_smile:
Here’s my current deck after some of your suggestions. :slight_smile:
Mech-Abomination horde, v2 · DoomtownDB

Very interesting, but you’ll need to strengthen your core structure a lot if you wanna shoot. At least 2 values with about 15 cards or a dedicated straight flush. For the later you’ll also need a good 3+ stud to have a realistic chance of pulling it in a shootout.
Right now you don’t really have any stud in your starting posse, so that’ll most likely become a problem.

Consider if Margaret is necessary (when you start playing multiple gadget dudes, you should have an established economy…). And strengthen your structure. Both 8 and K, which you like, are both prime for being maxed out in this deck with good choices in both dudes, goods, actions and deeds.

I’ve left a comment on dtdb.

Thanks for that! Yeah, I probably could add more Ks and 8s. Actually, I took a few out for this updated version. I’ll see what I can do about adding in more similar values.

My issue with dropping Margaret is that I won’t have a guaranteed mad scientist for the Wretched and Clown Carriage. Hmmm… how about dropping the Pags completely from my deck, and instead starting with Ambrose Douglas, Brute, Magaret, Richard Slavin and then Ol’ Howard. I can replace one of my deeds for Pat’s Perch (so it still gets income from its ability), which can then be used for him to do his archaeological digs?

Made an updated list at Mech-Abomination horde, v3 · DoomtownDB :slight_smile: