Call for new Playtest teams (deadline 1st of September)

Hello Doomtown fans,

We’re looking to add a couple of new playtest teams to our existing roster.

Please send me a personal message here or on Facebook (I’m Robert Campbell, playtest lead for Doomtown Reloaded. I should be easy to track down on the Doomtown Facebook group) if you’re interested in taking part.

Applications close on the 1st of September.

What we’re looking for

• Teams of 3-6 people, with a brief description of their experience in Doomtown and other games.
  • Enthusiasm.
  • A collegiate spirit: this is a team endeavour and I’m keen for the atmosphere to remain constructive.
  • A solid understanding of the game, but your team doesn’t have to be filled with Marshal event winners: we want playtest to have a range of abilities to better serve Doomtown’s wide fanbase.
  • The ability to test once every couple of weeks during active playtest periods, ideally more frequently.

We have various cool promos and other exciting swag we provide the playtest teams with, as well as the opportunity to help steer the game. Proxy pdfs, a playtest version of dtdb, and an online version of OCTGN for playtest games are all provided to team members.

“Laws, like sausages, cease to inspire respect in proportion as we know how they are made”
I’ll confess that I was wary of taking part in playtesting, as there’s always the danger of turning a hobby in to a “job”. It takes away the magic of seeing new cards for the first time, but replaces that with a sense of camaraderie and access to interesting discussions with playtest and design. Thanks to the design team and playtest for making the experience so positive. During my time on playtest I’ve always felt listened to and involved.

11 Likes

Many thanks to everyone for the enthusiastic and friendly applications to join the playtest team, it was really encouraging to have so many. Pleased to have applications from a variety of locations and skill levels. Similarly, encouraged that some are from people known to the team already while others are bringing in some new blood - very keen for things not to be a closed shop.

Some teams have been recruited or are being in the process of being recruited, but please don’t panic if we haven’t got back to you yet: there’s a lot to get through! Please drop me a personal message here or on Facebook if you haven’t heard back by the 10th of September.

Thanks again for all the applications,
Robert