Curse of Failure and Bio-Charged Neutralizer

I was looking at these two cards and got a bit confused on the rules text here:

Curse of Failure’s relevant text:

This dude loses all keywords, traits, and abilities. This dude’s bullets, influence, and control points are equal to 0 and cannot be modified. This dude gets +1 upkeep. This card cannot be discarded by card effects.

Noon Job, Boot: Mark an opposing dude. If successful, discard all cards attached to the mark and send them home booted; attach this card to the mark.

Bio-Charged Neutralizer’s relevant text

This dude is a stud. This card cannot be traded, and is not affected by other players’ card effects.

If a dude has a Bio-Charged Neutralizer attached, and Curse of Failure is successful on that dude, it looks like the Neutralizer stays attached. Is that true?

If that is true, does the dude keep the two bullets? It seems they would definitely stay a stud, but I’m not sure if the reduce the dude’s bullets to 0 would affect the bullets from the Neutralizer or not. My initial reading is that the dude would be at 0 bullets, but I wanted to check.

Seen and under review by the Rules Team.

1 Like

Great question! Response from Rules Team:

1. Yes the Neutralizer stays attached. Nothing gets rid of it because it can’t be affected.

2. The dude is zero bullets. The Neutralizer is still technically +2, but since it can’t modify the bullets of the dude (per Curse of Failure), the dude stays at zero bullets.

3. The Curse prevents the dude from receiving any bullet modifier, therefore the Neutralizer would no longer make the dude a stud.

3 Likes