Deck help please

I currently have exp. Election Day Slaughter, Double dealin’, New town, New Rules, Faith and Fear, There Comes a Reckoning, Too Tough, Too Die, x2 core. with that being said I have posted decks and tried working on a few on my own, I play Outlaws but it just seems that my current deck is lacking and not sure how to fix it. My son which doesn’t play as much as he used to has a pretty good deck but i get lucky a some times, but he wins more times out of ten then I do, need some help, this will also be a deck i would like to take to Origins for a Greenhorn event this year. Never played competitive DoomTown before, used to play L5R new and old competitive but i did it because I loved the game, Doomtown fits this with me also, would like to play with people who love this game. Any help would be appreciated. If i need to post my current deck I can.

2 Likes

I got you. give me a bit ill post something for you.

I’ve had a go and thrown together a simple 3-4-8 Shooter using those expansions.

1 Like

I had a similar plan. Park yourself in town and make points until you win or everyone is dead. Strong basic fundamental outlaw doomtown. Deckbuilder · DoomtownDB

Hope this is helpful.

1 Like

im having problems with his decks starting dudes, sheriff eli waters, phillip swinford, stewart davidson, and tommy harden. i cant get anyone into town square without them getting in a shootout

If you haven’t drawn your shootout actions and preferably a cheating resolution, TS is a bit risky. You can either bluff or play it more courteously, play a deed, move a little around ect.
A TS Sloane deck with Allie Hensmann shouldn’t be afraid of a T1 shootout. Your opponent should. Your deck needs to be tight enough to handle it, but off course, every shootout is a risk - and exciting! It’s when your opponent starts getting goods, gadgets and spells it gets dangerous. But hopefully, your shootout actions can neutralize the worst of it.

Welcome aboard!

Doesn’t match your expansions perfectly, but I’ve had some joy running a deck like this at various events: Sloane Town Square Blitz T8/"T4" GenCon 2017 · DoomtownDB.

I think there should be a promo copy of Jacqueline Isham in your copy of There Comes a Reckoning (if not you can grab her in No Turning Back) - she’s great for an Outlaw deck as you’re looking to squat in the Town Square and she helps you defend it, effectively turning in to an extra stud. Between her and Barton Everest You should be able to shoot pretty well.

We’ll bounce ideas around and have you with an Outlaw deck that is fun and effective. :slight_smile:

Some good example decks linked above, The Shotguns in the suggested decks linked by others will help scare off some of your opponent’s dudes from being in shootouts as it makes key dudes like Tommy Harden vulnerable to being aced suddenly. Jacqueline is the main addition I’d consider (easy to forget her when working from this expansion list as she’s a promo from There Comes a Reckoning as well as being in normal expansions.