Deputy winner and badge award thread

Have you won a Deputy event? We want to know! Please post here with as much information for your deputy event as you can. Place, Date, Player Count, Winnind Decklist and so on.

Players who do so, will be rewarded with a shiny new badge for their effort (even multiple times :wink: )

IMPORTANT: DO NOT reply to this topic unless you’ve WON a Deputy event (Not all events are Deputy events. If you didn’t get a badge as a reward, it’s not applicable), as that will automatically give you the badge and I’ll have to revoke it manually. I.e. you’ll annoy me! :triumph:

I took down the Ashburn VA. Deputy (April 4th) with this: Deckbuilder · DoomtownDB

Failing abysmally to win one in the UK I had to fly 3500 miles to an event in another country to get my badge.

I believe there were 9? players, my memory is hazy. I know I played vs landslide 3 times and beat it. A 4R control that came in heavy to a shootout and was forced to cheat, and lost a game to a sloane low value shotgun deck.

The final game ran for 2 hours as the slide deck just kept managing to squeeze out enough influence to stay in the game despite me camping 6 of his deeds. The turning point was when he was in check and was forced to pay for Steve Wiles every turn or lose, effectively crippling his play for the rest of the game. Patience and waiting for a booted dude to target with kidnapping won the day for me.

3 Likes

I took apart the competition at the Stoke, UK deputy event with some kind of 4th Ring Stupidity.

I took the first danish Deputy Event with MCC gadgets (QUATERMAN) :

http://dtdb.co/en/decklist/645/return-of-the-quaterman

5 players the 28th of February 2015.

See tournament description with the deck.

:smile:

I won an event in Chantilly, VA on March 14th, 2015.

6 Players total.
Decklist: Aggressive Law Dog Shooting - Small Deputy Tournament Winner · DoomtownDB (Pre F&F)

It was a fun, if small event. My deck went 3-0, playing against Sloane Rush, Morgan Dudes & Deeds, and another deck I can’t remember (I think Morgan Gadgets?). I was the only Law Dog present.

On another note - this thread could probably use some standard formatting…maybe something like this? This way if we ever wanted to scrape data with some automation it’d be much easier.

Date: March 14th, 2015
Players: 6
Winner: Feliks (Chris Briley)
Winning Decklist: Aggressive Law Dog Shooting - Small Deputy Tournament Winner · DoomtownDB
Comments: Blah Blah Blah.

Edit: And I notice @Whizzwang has a post up there. I was gunnin’ for that tournament. I’m glad you at least beat the person who I lost to, though I was sad my SoS put me behind you for the cut-to-2 match.

1 Like

I won a Deputy event. With a gadget deck at that.

1 Like

I won the 21 player London Deputy event with :

http://dtdb.co/en/deck/view/6112

The details of the rounds are on the DTDB website, but basically I saw WAY more Morgan decks than I was expecting. I went 5/0 over the event and then won against another Morgan player who was running a lowpull holster deck. it took over 2 1/4 hours to finish that game. In the rounds I had beaten him but the second time he had a much faster start that crimped me.

I won the UK’s first deputy event at Manchester fan boy three. Fairly certain I played Sloane no stud that day.

March 22nd at RIW Hobbies in Livonia, MI.
Won the deputy event with a 4th Ring control deck.

I won a deputy event at The Wasteland Gaming a couple of months ago. I think 6 people were in attendance. The decklist was my usual LD Rafi government deck, it was either this or something very close to it.

Good Enough for Government (LD Aggro/Control)

I won the Deputy event at Birmingham Games Expo yesterday.

2 Likes

I won the one in Knoxville TN a week ago with Fortress! You know me db0

http://dtdb.co/en/decklist/1017/knoxville-friday-night-gun-fights-winner-the-fortress-

1 Like

I won the 6 player Deputy event on Friday morning at Origins with Carter’s Morgan Hex deck.

2 Likes

Not sure it is worth anything but I did win a 4 player deputy event in Lyon a while ago.

I think I played an oddities low value spells deck

1 Like

Got my second deputy win this weekend at IQ games centre in Huddersfield. Playing Sloane no stud out of original Sloane

2 Likes

I won a deputy tournament a couple of weeks ago in Valencia (Spain). I played with a Law Dogs Deputy deck.

sorry to resurrect this from the dead but i won a deputy event today in tulsa, oklahoma using fourth ring.

2 Likes

Why not revive this? Everyone likes forum badges, right?

See here for how Lulaslide won the badge in Hartlepool, UK.

1 Like

Oooo yeah. Badges!

Posting to claim one for York

I won Edinburgh’s Deputy tournament on the 15th of May, 2016.

We played round-robin, my Spirit Fortress deck went 5-0.

Decklist and report here: Spirit Fortress Edinburgh Deputy 5-0 · DoomtownDB

I’ll confess that last year’s deputy winner was running the event rather than participating!