Difficult to buy Saddlebags in UK

Hi guys, Just wanted to flag up that it is almost impossible to find a retailer selling some DTR Saddlebags in the UK currently, especially the later ones. There’s almost none available via amazon.co.uk and hardly anything on ebay. I dont want to deal with the unknown quantity that is Kickstarter. I just want to buy cards with a few clicks.

Basically everything after Ghost Town seems to be out of stock everywhere.

I dont want to pay outrageous amounts to ship from the US and deal with customs fees, I just want to be able to buy more DTR cards at a reasonable price from a UK/EU retailer.

Heck, I am happy to set up an e-commerce website and retail them myself if it means I get to actually see some of the newer cards.

3 Likes

Hi @welshwizard! Have you checked with any of the UK stores on our Tombstone Series list that are hosting upcoming events?

This is noted - and I’ll start investigating potential solutions for it as well. I won’t make any promises - but I will see if there is anything we can do.

1 Like

https://boardgameprices.co.uk/ can be helpful for European orders, albeit a lot of the expansion are only available from mainland European sellers and therefore have pricier postage (this is a great site, as it checks a broad range of sites and displays whether items are in stock and show postage costs). Pinnacle have stock, but ordering from the US can be expensive!

Black Lion Games in Edinburgh has a few of the later expansions if anyone is popping through town. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Pinebox guys:

The Worlds event shows you are pushing this game as far as you can. I just want PBE to get the sales it deserves. Having you watched you put a lot of effort into TCaR, I dont want you to lose out on sales. It needs to be easy for the card-playin’ customer to buy. Get your good work in their hands and their money in your company account. Your US website is nice and all; have you thought about maybe having an EU version? Maybe setting up something simple like a local eBay store or going via local Amazon fulfillment? Or just getting the UK FLGS card retailers restocked and selling the new stuff?

Check out these links showing out of stock to see what I mean:

https://www.chaoscards.co.uk/other-card-games-c638/doomtown-c738/alderac-entertainment-group-doomtown-reloaded-saddlebag-expansion-a-grand-entrance-p138784

http://www.greenknightgames.co.uk/categories/Card-Games/Doomtown%3A-Reloaded/

I want you guys to succeed. I think that there are potential sales out there in the UK that can’t buy your product, and I don’t want you to lose the World’s momentum. Let me know if you need help with any local issues. I am sure there are other UK players out there who will help too.

Kind regards, and thanks for the swift reply.

6 Likes

We definitely recognize the support of the European playerbase. I’d love to get an EU site up and running in the future, at this point it’s more a matter of resources and time. We’re a pretty small operation - it’s what allows us to function in the ways we do. We’re already planning the release after TCaR (obviously we need to fulfill this before we do anything else), and it’d be a good time for us to take a look at things like this so I definitely appreciate you bringing it to back to the forefront of our minds. (I’ve definitely heard this before. Before the Kickstarter one of our biggest questions was would the later sets be available through it.)

2 Likes

I’ve had kinda the same problem with the base set in germany.
There could be some fledgling people interested in joining the game (i think), but one base set + shipping already being pretty expensive or even impossible to find makes it a bit difficult to supply them in a timely and affordable manner :wink:

3 Likes

While I’m pleased that Pinebox are working on longer term solutions for improving supply (beyond ordering from Pinnacle’s website), one of the UK players (an Outlaw tournament winner no less) has helpfully pointed out some supply for the base set and Blood Moon Rising available at the links below:

2 Likes

It’s not a long term solution, but there’s a good collection being advertised for sale on the UK Facebook site at the moment: Redirecting... :slight_smile: