Does "I'm Your Huckleberry" result in bounty on the controlled dude?

Say that the following happens:

1. A shootout begins at a Private deed I don’t own and posses are formed.
  2. My dudes gain bounty for tresspassing at a Private deed that I don’t own.
  3. After Shootout plays and drawing cards, my opponent cheats
  4. I play “I’m Your Huckleberry”, resulting in one of their dudes switching to my side

Does that dude gain bounty?

The v1.4.0 rulebook says yes, since you control the dude:

When a shootout takes place at a Private location, regardless of who started it, all dudes in the shootout that are not controlled by the owner of that location have their bounty increased by 1.

But the v0.8.0 rules compendium says no, since you don’t own the dude:

Bounties on dudes may increase or decrease via card effects, but they always increase by 1 at these times:

• After posses are formed, if the location of a shootout is at a Private location (homes are always considered Private), all dudes not owned by the location’s owner get 1 bounty.
  • If a dude not owned by the shootout location’s owner joins during the shootout (e.g. uses Pinto to move in after the shootout starts). Even if a dude leaves a posse, and then rejoins, they still count as joining the posse and receive a second bounty if owned by a player other than the location’s owner.
1 Like

Seen and RT will discuss!

Short version is, the rulebook is correct on this one. The compendium is not.

This will require a rules update to the compendium, but bounty will show up when a dude is not controlled by the deed’s owner. I believe this is the way most people were already playing it and it is much more intuitive. Basically, if your posse isn’t the owner of the private deed, you’ll be getting a bounty for joining a posse there. When the dude is moved to the other player’s posse, he will be joining that posse as a dude not controlled by the deed’s owner. Poof! Bounty!

4 Likes