Doomtown 2018 World Champion Report

Our next article is live: a tale from World Champion, Max Way!

http://pineboxentertainment.com/2018/07/13/worlds-2018-champions-report/

8 Likes

Congratulations again, @DeputyWay! You are my favorite kind of opponent to play - competitive & difficult to beat, yet very pleasant/fun to play against!

Correction: I have never been to Pax - our last matchups were 2 top 8’s in Gencon '17 (which seems to be the only place we meet). I fondly remember our first top 8 at the Evil is a Choice event where I said “best of luck to you” and you replied with “2nd best of luck to you!”, haha! Then we repeated those phrases again in the Worlds match, and you said “wait, that did not work very well for me last time”… but then proceeded to destroy me!

7 Likes

Apologies! You are right; I was mixing up events. ^^; Though, some say history is written by the victors… so I’ll have to ask Zac what he recalls about PaxUnplugged! :wink:

And likewise: it’s always a pleasure to face off against you, too! Clearly, you made an impression far beyond the events you actually attended. :wink:

2 Likes

And for the record and to see how poorly my memory serves me these days, I think it was Jevon I faced off against at PaxUnplugged?

2 Likes

We did play twice at Pax, in Swiss and in the semi-final.

3 Likes

So I’m not forgetful! I’m just crazy!

3 Likes