Doomtown Card Organization

I’m brand new to Doomtown…just bought every core, expansion, saddlebag, and starter set for Doomtown Reloaded forward.

I’m getting ready to start digging into it all, but before I do, I wanted to ask about card sets and organization. Is there any merit to keeping cards organized by set for story/scenario purposes? Otherwise, my plan is to just organize the cards by factions and suit for unaligned cards.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Mine are just organized as you say, by Faction within spades, and then the others by Suit.

1 Like

Welcome! I also sort by suit and value.

1 Like

Suit and value here as well, with dudes by faction, and gadgets, spells and kung fu on their own as well.

1 Like

There’s been the odd one off event held with weird deckbuilding at Gen Con etc for fun, like “no dead dudes” (poor Law Dogs and Fearmongers!). But generally best to organise by factions and suit as you suggest.

I say this as the type of monster that organises cards in the order they released as I like to nostalgically flick through the life of the game. So this is very much “do as I say, not do as I do”. :wink:

2 Likes

Perfect! Thank you all for the answers and warm welcome!

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I do this for FFG games for some reason, which is partially at least because a “cycle” fits exactly in a 360 card binder, whereas alphabetic by faction changes the location of the card constantly.

3 Likes

Within hearts, I sort by:
general goods/weapons
Hexes
Miracles
Spirits

Clubs:
most of these by value
but separate
Cheatin’
Kung Fu & Techniques

3 Likes