Doomtown European Championship

We’ve had some FMB testing happening, and they are pretty rude.

Turning off Jake Smiley or John Radcliffe or Philip/Tommy is very useful.

Card throughput of Fourth Ring or Condition shenanigans may be stronger, but I think that’s down to the fact that some cards are useless in hand on a given turn and Conditions being too difficult to get rid of.

Edit: I was that Edinburgh player, and I was on Desolation Row so had to be able to make FMB adjustments.

1 Like

Mine was just an old-school hex deck taking advantage of the new home’s ability to knock influence off the likes of Jake Smiley, Clementine, etc. I did occasionally use it to stop a dude moving with card effects or to make a callout irrefusable so I could hit some influence with a sacrificial Ambrose and Takin’ Ya With Me.

@tomravenhall might be able to provide some feedback on how his abomination deck played. Afraid I don’t know who the other FMB players were or what they were doing with the home.

2 Likes

Okay time to weigh in! I adore Full Moon Brotherhood, i have been trying to play shooty fourth ring, with mixed success, since i started playing the game and FMB massively enhances this archetype.

Firstly turning of a trait. Some times, as @Harlath mentioned, you only get to turn off a Irving, which i would argue is still not bad, but at other points turning off a trait is huge. In one game at the Euro Championships it was keeping a 4 stud out of shoot outs by turning off Nicholas Krammer. It also turns of Smiley, which can be game winning, and the likes of Tommy Harden, which as i like to cheat a fair amount is huge.

Secondly the inability to move by card effects. Not as big as the trait removal but i have used it to stop a many bullet dude stakes just rose-ing into a shootout which proved very useful. Also stops tricks like make the smart choice.

Thirdly the inability to refuse call outs. This I never found to be that big, generally if i hit someone with it my opponent didn’t want fighting they just sent them home before the call out, can see it being very useful in some situations though.

Finally the two ghost rock or two cards. I find this rarely comes up unless used alongside a kidnapping or other attack job as usually the person i want to turn the traits off of is not the one who goes in a shootout unless its down to the wire anyway. Is a nice little kicker when it happens though.

Just my thoughts

2 Likes