Edinburgh Sheriff Event, 2 April 2017

Copying this quote over from the Sheriff badge thread so I don’t claim extra badges. :blush:

I agree with @bithlord’s sentiment that it’s nice that a deck that builds a town and fights to protect it can do well, I just have a slight concern that a significant proportion of this is fueled by 108’s home, Randall and access to 2x1GR dudes (one of which doesn’t count as part of your starting posse, these two let you inflict attrition better than other slide decks), a floating stud from Longwei Fu plus a starting deed. The bandits get a lot of nice things that others lack. Unpicking which bits of the puzzle are problematic from a balance point of view and which are fine is a problem for another day (can be tough to unpick as some of it is synergy dependent).

Some good variety on show, I think we had every faction represented and a variety of deck styles:

• 2x 108 Righteous Bandits (both Worldly Desires) - my Sliding you With me deck and @doomdog’s blessed, both up on dtdb.
  • 1x Sloane Gang (Den of Thieves) - aggro kidnapping, helps make sure people have some defensive cards and cheatin’ punishment!
  • 1x Eagle Wardens (Original Home) - dominating the Town Square and fetching lots of horses to use Calling the Cavalry. Featuring their St Francis of Assisi dude.
  • 1x Fourth Ring (Original Home) - Avie Cline Exp. A gimmick deck (drag people to Whateley Estate and kill them, ideally with the help of Corporeal Twist + shotgun), but a pretty effective gimmick against lots of decks.
  • 2x Law Dogs (think these were both Original Home) - some aggro to keep us all honest.
  • 2x Morgan Cattle Company (1x Regulators - @neramoor’s effective horse/gadget deck that doesn’t use Calling the Cavalry but is on 6! Check out his link above. 1x Original Home - gave me a very tough match, innovative high value deck with Point Blank that stopped me using Takin’ Ya With Me as much as I’d like).
1 Like