Full Bleed Request Thread

Pretty simple premise.
Click like on cards you’d like to see as full bleed prize support.
Maybe include a reason as to why?

2 Likes

Marion Seville.

When I’m not busy tryin’ to run Gomorra at the hollow barrel of Barton Everest’s six-shooter, I’m liable to try something sneaky with this boy-named-sue’s sharpened edge.

Willa Mae Macgowan.

5th-man in so many decks. Willa allows you to play recklessly by mitigating the most dire consequences of a poker bid gone sour. If this were Texas Hold-Em’, it be like being able to change your mind about going All-In after seeing the River Card!

Plus if her art got an upgrade, it might do her some good.

4 Likes

Lillian Morgan but with this art.

1 Like

That’s certainly possible - that picture is also in the 20th Anniversary Deadlands book.

1 Like

Flamethrower with rk post’s epic original art from Classic.

3 Likes

Clyde Owens, as he’s my least favourite bit of art from the core set. It’s solid technically, it’s just that Clyde Owens looks like he’s from a different species to everyone else in town. Willa is a great suggestion above as she sees play in a lot of decks.

Quite like @Klippstein’s suggestion too as Pinebox seem to have access to lots of Classic pieces - it may well come down to what they’ve got high quality versions of and retain the rights too. There’s clearly a good archive there! :slight_smile:

Great seeing these suggestions pardners! What are people’s thoughts on Classic Mae Parker art as a throwback for an update to Willa Mae? I agree , she is used in quite a few decks to warrant some promo love.

3 Likes

4 Likes

I know people are thinking people but I am thinking deeds and and outfits …

2 Likes

Full bleed outfits would be pretty cool and let Pinnacle update the wording on some homes. I’ve generally thought of actions and some goods/deeds as being most helpful to have alt-art copies of, as these show up in multiples decks and save shuffling cards between decks. That said, style should count for a lot too, not just practicalities so interested in what people this is most interesting/helpful to do an alt-art of across various sets. Think there was some talk of doing alt art jokers again? Lots of the veteran players have extra jokers from early Sheriff events, but plenty of others may want extra jokers. :slight_smile:

Plus Happy New Year to everyone and here’s to the game’s continuation in good hands.

2 Likes

I was thinking about my favorite promo dude Jake smiley he’s my favorite promo dude because his new art reflects what happened in the story line so I guess I would like to see zombie characters as promos just alternate zombie art dudes who died in the game ?

1 Like

Good shout, or dudes in their final moments of glory/shame?

Could also stick them on non duded cards like “A Hero’s Passing” or “The Blighted”. Classic did a good job of telling bits of story on some reprints: flavour text on Shotgun reprint expanded on one character’s death etc. Similar to the alt art “A Fight They’ll Never Forget”.

Whatever you do, could you put the hand ranks and job/shootout help sheet on the side please?
Edit: sorry, I thought this was playmats! That’ll teach me to read a thread properly first.
Also, and purely because I always run out of them: Pat’s Perch!

2 Likes

Of a playmat? Doesn’t really fit on full bleed dude art. Sorry, being dense. :blush:

Edit: ha, hit by ninja edit. I’ll pass the message on about playmats anyway - I think the kickstarter playmat might have some of this information too?

Pat’s perch is a good suggestion, sees play in a lot of decks. I like that AEG and Pinebox both picked promos that see a lot of play.

Lapp asked about ideas for promos on Discord not too long ago, and Pat’s Perch was one of my suggestions then, as I’m also always running out of them! That one is likely to happen :wink:

1 Like

Pfft, but nobody returns my emails/phonecalls/personal visits requesting a Ghostly Gnu-slinger, Hired Gnus etc?

1 Like

Lol the promos for the Abomb events could totally be ghostly deeds / zombie dudes lol

2 Likes

I’ll touch on this a bit, as I do enjoy ongoing discussions about promos! Pat’s Perch is indeed slated for a 2019 Series; I’ll see what I can do about a full bleed option.

We did have an idea about making alt art dudes depicting how they died. Perhaps a good idea if we get to designing starter decks for sale?

Love the idea of starting to put hand ranks on the mats :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I’ll request a gunslinger-slinger! Get the mad scientists on it! Maybe Mortimer Parsons now he’s gone a bit mad due to only being allowed one hat.

3 Likes