Future of Doomtown and the Rules Team

If I understand correctly, there is a group of people working to ensure that Doomtown: Reloaded continues to exist. This will involve, I would assume, designing and testing new cards as well as issuing rulings whenever unclear interactions between those cards arises.

My question is this - does anyone know if the current Rules Team for Doomtown: Reloaded will be the same group of people on the Rules Team for Doomtown: Reloaded: Harrowed (or whatever it’s being called)?

In short, no. But, I do believe several of the old team are participating in the new project as rules team members. You will likely see a similar take on rules.

I really hope Andy from the current rules team is not on the new rules team. Everyone else did great! I hope to see gamesmeister and kaptain o, for example, continue handing down clear and easy to understand rulings.

I think the rules team did a solid job, even without considering the fact that they were volunteers.

While some of us may have disagreed with some rulings, I think they all debated points in a hidden rules team forum, so the person posting the final ruling may have wanted to word things differently or been out-voted by the other rules team members.

1 Like

Love you too :slight_smile:

So it’s a new year any news and or ideas about the future?

The Uk team have a fan project coming out (infact i think its already out in the wild) however its not official :frowning:

1 Like

Well said, plus I think there are likely to be Outlaw tournaments again: the playerbase did a lot of the organising of the Organised Play Scene (setting up events, printing their own promos), beyond the fine alt-art support AEG provided.

I think the UK Fan Project is on Facebook, which reminds me that I should register over there…

1 Like

You can find the UK set here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.1270632369660147&type=3

I hear the designer is a real stand up guy too. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

really interested, but it isn’t coming up for me.

You’ll need to be a membr of the uk group to see it. I’m currently working on getting the set up elsewhere.

There’s also the new dtdb.fr for the fan-created Falling Rock expansions.

While I know some people have issues with the keyword/mechanics that were added in these, it’s clearly a labour of love and has the potential to significantly expand the game. I think the author is working on a solution to print only the extra cards you need for a created deck too, which sounds excellent.

1 Like

As for the rules Team - the Gazette intends on collecting all of the final rulings in one place and hosting them. We’re looking into what the Gazette looks like moving forward. I haven’t really played much with the fan sets, but if you’d like to contribute content about them - we are welcoming submissions. Just PM me.

1 Like