Gencon (2018)

Community,
Event submission for Gencon 2018 is January 7th.

What might we expect from Pinebox for Gencon 51?

1 Like

I suppose I can spill the beans since it’s getting submitted this weekend.

Plans are:
-Friday: DTR: Dead Mans Hand-this is a variant format that will be a lot of fun and I will explain more on once approved
-Sat: North American Championship (top 8 on Sunday)

This is just for official DTR, I believe Carter (or PBE if necessary) will submit Classic and there is talk of squeezing in a team event. The Wednesday Meet and Greet and Bike Rally, along with Saturday night social, will take place as well. Should be a great time as always :slight_smile:

Any other plans from the community are of course welcome and we are very much looking forward to it

4 Likes

Sounds very promising, looking forward to both this and Worlds in Manchester this May. :thumbsup:

The official events and the various community meet ups were great last time.

Events submitted as follows:

-DTR Open Play, Thu, Aug 3, 2pm
-DTR Dead Man’s Hand: Fri, Aug 4, 10am
-Doomtown Classic (Double Barrel): Fri, Aug 4, 4pm
-DTR 2018 North American Championship: Sat, Aug 5, 12pm

2 Likes

We are adding something Thursday; details pending

Sooo…?

There will be an upcoming article explaining this event, both the variant legality and story/card prize :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Finally got round to booking my flights/accommodation/badge for GenCon. I’m an idiot and didn’t do this ages ago even though I was planning to go. :blush:

I have booked this house: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/23539321?location=Indianapolis%2C%20IN&guests=1&check_in=2018-08-01&check_out=2018-08-05&s=j_W-ujVo

I walked in from a house on Fletcher Avenue (one street over from this) each day last year, took c30 minutes while @davido4015 got a car in from the same place (Google maps has it at 36 minutes walking and 1.7 miles but I generally find their estimates a little cautious). Three bedrooms in case anyone else (that I know or people I know can vouch for!) didn’t get a good place in the housing lottery and fancies sharing. :slight_smile:

Edit: have various takers, depending on what happens with other room availability for other folk they may/may not need my space. My room is booked anyway, so if these folk end up needing the space, that’s great and if not I’ll message again to let people know I can take a few folk.

3 Likes

Also, last year even though ‘off the hotel strip’ meant I couldn’t use the $5 downtown taxi fare, when I did taxi back each night it was usually 8-10 including tip. I had Harlath lay in some basic breakfast and lunch vittles (yogurts, sandwich fixings, trail mix, bars, etc.) and then ate out w/ various groups for dinner. Overall, it was a splendid arrangement.

I lucked out (I think?) w/ a single bed in the JWMarriott, so I won’t be availing myself of Harlath’s chumminess - but overall last year’s BnB experience was just splendid. As a fallback option, you can do a LOT worse, and probably not better.

1 Like

To update, the Thursday Open Play will feature new and old promos and demos, not starter decks.

1 Like

Excellent, look forward to seeing old and new faces there and getting some promos. :slight_smile: