Grim Servant o' Death ; 2 questions

Choose a dude who is not in the shootout, who is at home, and who is controlled by the mark or the player opposing the job. That dude’s controller may have them join their posse (moving if necessary). If that dude does not join, one of your dudes becomes a stud, gets +2 bullets, and your opponent takes two extra casualties if their draw hand is ever cheatin’ this round.

Question 1: can I play this when I am the target of a call out (ie my dude is the mark or opposing the job) and target one of my OWN at home dudes to not join the posse and trigger the rest of the card?

Question 2: does the dude have to boot to move to the posse, thus if they are already booted, they cannot join the shootout and the second part triggers?

Hello.

1. You can play this on your own dude if you control the mark, and choose not to join the shootout, getting the bonuses.

2. As your due is joining the posse via a card effect, they don’t need to boot and can join while booted- as such, the choice to join (and get the dude in the shootout) or not (and get the Grim SoD bonus) is always present.

2 Likes