Howdy, everyone!

Hello to all my fellow Gomorrans from the New Orleans area. Just wanted pop in from the shadows and introduce myself. Posted a few oddball decks on dtdb and have been lurking here for a while, but I don’t currently have a local play group, so I’ve mostly been following the Doomtown saga from afar through these two sites.

I’m a classic player that originally picked up the game at the end of the Knicknevin cycle, and preferred using shaman with the Sioux/Rangers outfits. Didn’t come into DTR until Eagle Wardens dropped, but by then, a lot of the local meta had been turned off to the game because of slide decks.

I’m really looking forward to seeing which direction this re-resurrection of the game will take with the new design team.

Cheers and best of luck to all.

9 Likes

Welcome aboard,

Great to see another classic player on board.

Hope you manage to find some other players near you, if not there’s always OCTGN or Tabletop simulator. Asking on the Doomtown Discord server seems to be a good way to get a game going. :slight_smile:

If you are other had a (justified!) dislike for slide, I recommend this article on how to tackle slide:

Some of the latest sets had specific anti-slide cards too: the Morgan Regulators home is a great way to encourage people who hated slide back in to the game. It caps a player’s influence at a single location at 5 if there hasn’t been a shootout this turn:

http://dtdb.co/en/card/18005

3 Likes