Hustling Hucksters

Hey folks!

I’m brand new to these forums, and to Doomtown, but played Deadlands for many years so, while I’m new to the board game, I’m quite familiar with the themes of the game itself.

Anyway, at this stage I am just starting out, and only have the base box set. I do have New Town, Faith & Fear, Immovable Object and Nightmare at Noon on the way.

I’m trying to create a deck which I can use primarily with friends, so not a hugely competitive deck. Probably more on par with the base box set as far as level goes. Since I’m still learning card synergy, I want to base my deck on the theme of it. So, I want to go for the classic Deadlands hucksters, of being suave gambler types with magic spells. To that end, I want to have all (or almost all) of my gang being hucksters, and have a large range of spells. Does anyone have any suggestions as far as what sort of cards I should be looking in to? Perhaps have cards that boost bounty and benefit me when cheatin’ too, to create that feel more?

What sort of outfit do people think would work best with this too? I am thinking mostly Sloane/bandits and miscellaneous dudes, since the Fourth Ring ones focus on circus performers and aren’t the suave gamblers I’d like.

Regards,
Bojangles

2 Likes

Definitely sounds like you want to focus on the Sloane Gang outlaws. Dudes like Jose Morales, Benny McGill and Darragh Meng all have that gambler vibe, as does the drifter dude Steele Archer.

Outside of their Hucksters, there are other dudes like Barton Everest, Pancho Castillo and Miranda Clarke that fit with the suave gambler theme.

2 Likes

The New Players section of the forums also has some great information as well including a buyers guide!

http://forums.pineboxentertainment.com/t/updated-buyers-guide-to-doomtown-reloaded-introductory-decks-for-2x-base-set-plus-expansion-decks/2035/28

I’d strongly recommend the newest expansion Too Tough To Die as it has one of the best new characters for outlaws, Ike Clanton

2 Likes

Seconding the Outlaws recommendation, as they’ve got gamblers and Hucksters (and gambling Hucksters!) to capture the theme you’re after. :slight_smile:

Faith & Fear is excellent and in your collection already, as Maria Kingsford comes in that set and she’s a cheap Huckster that benefits from being wanted.

3 Likes

Ever since There Comes a Reckoning came out, Ezekiah Grimme feels like one of the best ways to support a large variety of spells.

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions, folks! :slight_smile:

I’ll look into them! Is it possible to buy individual Doomtown cards (ie like the way Card Kingdom sells single Magic cards, is there anything similar for Doomtown)? If I want only one or two cards from a specific expansion, I don’t want to have to buy the entire expansion.

Thanks,
Bojangles

www.roku-mart.com used to be that place, but dunno if it’s still up.

1 Like

You beauty!! Thanks mate!! :slight_smile:

http://www.borntoplaygames.com/catalog/doomtown_reloaded_singles/1073

That website has probably the most inventory on Doomtown Singles and the lowest prices.

1 Like