A friend of mine recently said he'd like to get in to DTR, but there are too many sets, and he hopes one day there's a new Core set/reset. I don't know how likely I really think that is, but it reminded me of my interview with Richard Carter (Note: Shameless Plug), in which we briefly touched on what the base set might be like if it were made again today.
This is a long way of saying, this thread is for things you would change about the base set!
- Add the two other factions!
- Two homes per faction!
- Replace faction kings with the new ones?
- Proliferate the Shaman Skill in to another faction (Rich had thrown out MCC/Entrepreneurs as a possibility back when I interviewed him).
- Replace Unprepared. I actually really like Unprepared for the "Boot opposing attached cards, blank attached cards and character", but Booting the Dude and giving them a bullet penalty too? Could probably be scaled back. You could also convince me that the value could come down to still be usable in some spell combat decks, but not succeed on every spell. I humbly submit "Long Night, Early Mornin'" as a card title.
- Blood Curse feels slightly too good, or other spell types need a poster child like this.
- Goodbye Yagn's!
- Goodbye Legendary Holster!
- Early clubs (the base set and beyond) in general feel too weak or situational to me. When I look at the current card pool sometimes it seems like while there are a volume of cards on value, the number of "viable" cards on value in clubs is quite small.